PDA

View Full Version : is anyone else feeling the pinch...... from the goverment cuts

marlee1986
10-04-2011, 08:58 PM
hi all, well as u amy of seen from my other post, ive emailed my parent that was suppose to be starting tomoz about the contract 4 aug n no reply so now i have no work, i know ive just started up but making me feel very deflated.

also my friend who is a childminder had 2 children start but since the goverment have relesed there plans shes handed in notice and also her other mindee who she does scool pick up drop off 4 has also handed in their notice due to cuts.

shes has no work after may and neither of us has had enquirys

i really feel like ive become a childminder at the wrong time :(

Pipsqueak
11-04-2011, 12:20 PM
I have had one parent mention the TC cuts she has suffered :(

hang on in there though hun.

as to this parent.... write to her

Blaze
11-04-2011, 12:21 PM
I personally am down £130 per month on the TC I receive:(

gemma.windsor
11-04-2011, 12:27 PM
TC cuts are killing me as well! I am also down around £130 to £140 pounds a week, and we just put down a deposite on some home furniture... looks like if things don't brighton up my sofa is going out the door! ANYONE with advice or solutions out there?

curlycathy
11-04-2011, 02:22 PM
Dont give up hon, I'm sure you'll get some enquiries soon. Get out there and make yourselves known - could you and your friend team up and advertise together? Not necessarily to work together but my friend and I worked really closely together and everyone saw us as a team in the village so if one of us couldnt help a parent usually the other one could (and we often shared mindees too).

What gets me most is the inefficiency of it all and how much must be wasted. We are very lucky in that dh has got a well paid job - I phoned tax credits to tell them about our change of circumstances in February when I finished as I knew we would be over the limit - they just said they'd carry on paying us until April - so then I was expecting them to demand an overpayment back but they havent - just told us we wont be getting any more money (I told them we werent entitled to it!!!).

Sorry - rant over, things will get better soon hon x

babs
11-04-2011, 02:38 PM
one of my parents has said they have cut her money by £70 a week and she said shes not sure if shes gonna carry on working as to yet shes still working but not sure whats shes gonna do... tc say we owe them 2K from 2008 - 2009 but i know we dont as hubby was out of work. when he got made redunant we couldn't get a penny till he'd been out 6 months as they said he had earned to much before he was laid off. they do it wrong they say if your money drops to ring them and if it goes up ring them they are quick to take it off you but not to give you any if you have earned over a certain amount dont matter that you now have no money coming in. just glad i alonger have to fill in stupid forms and deal with them and they aren't getting any money out of me as they will see when they read form i have sent back..

NI MINDER
11-04-2011, 02:43 PM
How do you know what tax credits you are getting this financial year - are the letters starting to come out ??

caz3007
11-04-2011, 03:53 PM
How do you know what tax credits you are getting this financial year - are the letters starting to come out ??

Thats what I was wondering, cos I never get a form until about June

curlycathy
11-04-2011, 05:39 PM
I had a letter on Saturday from tax credits saying that our amount is nil, but we can still renew our claim so that if our circumstances change its quicker to get money to us! So I have to phone them up and answer loads of pointless questions in case dh doesnt get another contract cos they admit they cant guarantee sorting a new claim out quickly - bonkers!

marlee1986
11-04-2011, 05:57 PM
hi everyone ty for your replies, ive emailed my parent but ive had no answer bk so guessing she dnt want to use me in aug :(, i think its really unfair, i thought the goverment wanted to get ppl bk in to work, nt tighten on ctc and the voucher schemes, there making it hard for us childminders if parents cant afford to pay us then ???? :( oh well i hope something come up soon !!!!!

donnamarie2
12-04-2011, 08:33 AM
Hi,I just wanted to say don't loose heart i started last summer got my first mindee in oct but didn't get another till march this year.
I'm getting enquiries now after a really quiet time and have a couple more children starting just keep advertising and spreading the word thats all you can do .
My first mindee messed me around so think it goes with the job unfortunatly, good luck x

AliceK
12-04-2011, 08:38 AM

I had a letter in March telling me what my payments will be as of May. Hoever they didn't pay me anything for March and April, they said my claim had been paid for that year and would start again come the new FY. No I don't understand it either :rolleyes:

xxx

gemma.windsor
12-04-2011, 09:02 AM
I just read somewhere that for example a family with both parents working earning incomes of £25000 and £15000 and have 2 children a baby and a toddle rpaying £400 a week in childcare for 45 weeks of the year, could lose around £2,600 a year by April 2012...

the situation seems to be what it is... the only advice i could offer is to prepare in whatever you can by calculating your costs in advance so that you can forecast what your future will be and go from there!

But on a more brighter note wherever there is a storm... there is always a rainbow that follows :)

AmandaA
12-04-2011, 03:27 PM
Just to let you know you are not the only one out there in this position!! and its not much fun is it ?! I registered in January, managed to get one part timer, who really messed me about and refused to pay when they phoned in sick for the wee one, along with lots of other issues, so i had to terminate the contract:(

I have had no enquiries, I have advertised everywhere I can think of, replied to ads and cant get one response! I am totally losing heart, but think there are alot of people in our position at the moment. With 3 kids of my own and no income for me and only my husbands its is becoming increasingly difficult !!

Amanda
x

gemma.windsor
13-04-2011, 09:30 AM
maybe we need to start a revolution or something in this country :angry:

Shirlwith3
13-04-2011, 03:49 PM
I'm the sma had tins start in feb but because of the prsice of petrol & all the hospital trips mum is needing for one the twins she has had to hand in her notice so from May I have no mindees except for the 2 I have after school 2 & 3 days term time only. I have started to dog sit for friends in the holidays just to help bring some more money in.

Shirlwith3
13-04-2011, 03:55 PM
I'm the sma had tins start in feb but because of the prsice of petrol & all the hospital trips mum is needing for one the twins she has had to hand in her notice so from May I have no mindees except for the 2 I have after school 2 & 3 days term time only. I have started to dog sit for friends in the holidays just to help bring some more money in.

Pixie dust
13-04-2011, 04:02 PM
I have just lost my full time family as they are moving away and it's really quiet in my village but a friend who lives in the local town is turning business away as she is bursting at the seams :panic:

I am just keeping positive that something will come along soon

marlee1986
13-04-2011, 07:35 PM
hey all, seems to be like it everywhere atm, i really hope it works out for all of us :) good luck everyone n keep ya chin up :) :)