PDA

View Full Version : eeek - help for parent visit needed

IsabellaB
10-04-2011, 08:50 PM
hi

This is my first post as a registered CM and I am totally all over the place. I had planned on spending ages writing policies etc but that has all gone out of the window as my Dad has been critically ill and I have spent all my time visiting him in hospital. My Dh and I had agreed that whilst Dad was ill I would not work so I have done literally nothing, having not advertised I assumed this was ok, until today when my neighbour (the local preschool manager) gave me the number of someone looking for a childminder and I booked an appointmet for Thursday for her to meet me!

I have explained to the mother that I am new so she is not expecting loads of paper work but just wondered what I should aim for as a minimum, time is limited with both my kids being off school for the holidays. Allready this evening I have done an info letter, complaints procedure and confidentialty procedure. I have been looking for a contracts template - does anyone know if there is one on the internet. Also looking for an information request form

Apologies for the waffle, totally freaked out and feel unprepared!

Thanks in advance

swindonminder
10-04-2011, 09:21 PM
Hi Isabella,

When I have the first meeting with parents I give them a welcome pack which has in it;

A bit about me
My contact details
My fee
Safeguarding children policy
Complaints procedure.

That's all the paperwork I give them at first.

I do put out my folder of all policies and procedures and my folder of training certificates. Although only one set of parents so far has looked through these.

I wouldn't worry you will be fine.

Good luck

Emma

braichey
11-04-2011, 08:50 AM
Have a look on bromycma website, loads policies n info there also free downloads section on this forum. Good luck, hope it goes well.x

Louise317
11-04-2011, 10:03 AM
I used FREE Resources from here and www.bromleycma.org.uk too a great resource to start getting your head around the paperwork.

But my welcome pack I've prepared is to

A bit about me
My contact details
My fee
Safeguarding children policy
Complaints procedure
List of policies I have.

Good luck with your parent visit :)

Milli147
11-04-2011, 12:40 PM
Hiya,

Well I am guessing you will have all your main policies done, as part of your ChIP course, so have those to hand to show parent. Apart from that it is worth thinking about typical routine, types of food you will serve, and what you include within your rate (food? nappies? wipes? outings?)

I am speaking from my own experience of having three parents come to see me 2 weeks before my certificate had even arrived..I didn't even have any suitable toys, I had to borrow some from a friend! The first one threw me totally with some of the above questions, but I got better by the third! They are all still here though a year later :)

Best of luck, you'll be fine!

IsabellaB
11-04-2011, 07:01 PM
Thanks for the advice ,

Off to do another couple of hours now as out over the next couple of evenings