PDA

View Full Version : Is my husband allowed...

dollydally
10-04-2011, 09:45 AM
...to accompany us on outings in the holidays? He's obviously had his CRB checks etc. I have two girls that I shall be looking after for two days a week along with my own two children. I would like my husband to come out with us, in particular on the days when I have my minded children to keep an eye on my own children who are only 4 and 5. Is this allowed?? I will make sure that he's not left alone with the minded children and if i go to the loo etc then they have to come with me. Not sure of the rules regarding this. I obviously meet up with people on occasion who aren't childminders so this would be the same scenario wouldn't it?.. Thanks in advance.

nokidshere
10-04-2011, 09:51 AM
Of course he can! Enjoy :D

dollydally
10-04-2011, 09:53 AM
Ahh good, I suddenly had a thought that he might not be allowed! Thank you.x

Andrea08
10-04-2011, 10:08 AM
if not registered as your assistant all i would say is he is not left alone with minded children, but go enjoy your days out, too much red tape these days hun but dont worry as he has his CRB he can enjoy days out wid ya xxx

babs
10-04-2011, 11:08 AM
my hubby comes out with us when hes off work and tbh the minded children all fight for his attention and whos holding his hand he never asks them so we have to sort it before we go out...lol...

rickysmiths
10-04-2011, 11:37 AM
Yes. Why would he not be able to come? :panic:

Ofsted are not our jailers they regulate us, but we work with our families around.

dollydally
10-04-2011, 03:52 PM
Rickysmiths, that is what I originally thought and then had a moment of 'oh what if it's frowned upon' etc! Just thought I would check that the rules weren't that silly....

Rmead
10-04-2011, 07:11 PM
I was wondering the same thing. I presumed yes as I don't leave him on his own with minded children but also worried if it was frowned upon. He has quite a few week days off and if we go somewhere really hectic it really helps that he can manage our own LO. I am going to register him as an assistant too.

TheBTeam
10-04-2011, 08:04 PM
Yes and I am sure you all will love it, as long as he isnt left alone with minded children the same as any other adult shouldnt be, my husband often came out with us before he became my assistant and then registered in his own right. The mindees loved it too.

dollydally
11-04-2011, 05:02 PM
I'm thinking of registering him as an assistant but I haven't even had my first Ofsted Inspection yet. Might look into it though. He works all week but I could do with his help in the holidays! Does anyone know what he would have to do to become an (unpaid!) assistant? I'm assuming First Aid but would that be all?