PDA

View Full Version : Welcome pack for parents

Susana0600
08-04-2011, 07:17 PM
Hi everybody, well, next week I will be having my pre-registration visit and I am preparing somethings for that day, I have got already some policies and procedures, safeguardin. I would like to have a welcome pack to give to parents, so, I was just wondering what needs to go into a welcome pack, please could someone give me some tips on what to put on it, I will really apreciate your help. :) :blush:

swindonminder
08-04-2011, 08:20 PM
Hi Susana,

In my welcome pack I have;

A bit about me sheet
My contact details
My fees
My safeguarding policy
My complaints procedure

I dont like to give out to much information at a first meeting just in case they decide not to use me.

Hope this helps

Emma

Susana0600
08-04-2011, 09:46 PM
Hi Susana,

In my welcome pack I have;

A bit about me sheet
My contact details
My fees
My safeguarding policy
My complaints procedure

I dont like to give out to much information at a first meeting just in case they decide not to use me.

Hope this helps

Emma

Thanks for that hun, thats a great help, I have done as you said :)

Toothfairy
09-04-2011, 08:23 AM
This is what I put in my Parent pack which they get to take home with them. If they then come back to sign contracts, they are given a disc with all my policies/procedues & permission slips and a sheet listing them all which the parents sign to say they have read & agree to abide by.

My Welcome Pack/Parent Information pack includes;

* A brief outline on myself, my background, my qualifications, my family, my contact details etc.
* My mission statement
* Hours of work & Fees (includes types of payments excepted, settling in period, sickess policy, termination of contract)
* House rules
* A typical day at my setting
* Activities & daily diaries
* Copy of my long term planning for that year
* Information for parents about EYFS
* A list of all my policies & prcedures (they are given in full to the parents when signing contracts)
* Healthy Packed Lunch ideas (I don't provide meals)
* Who supplies what sheet (nappies, sun block etc)
* Useful telephone numbers (Ofsted, NCMA, CFIC)
* Equal Opportunity policy
* Safeguarding Children Policy
* Complaints policy & procedure

HTH :thumbsup:

Susana0600
09-04-2011, 06:08 PM
Thank you for that Toothfair :) I still doing all this paper work, pity, because it's such a nice wether that I would like to do something else :) xx