PDA

View Full Version : Can I take one new mindee under old variation?

SandCastles
08-04-2011, 06:53 PM
I have an existing variation to have 3 EYFS children for 2 hours per day (certificate states 2 children).
One of these children have now left, but I have an enquiry for a mindee that may need the old mindees days/hours.
Do you think Ofsted just change names on the variation if I ask them?

onceinabluemoon
08-04-2011, 07:50 PM
Its worth asking as you have nothing to lose.

But Ofsted don't normally allow variations for new business so don't be disappointed if they dont

Playmate
08-04-2011, 07:54 PM
No you will need to put through as a new variation, we are just in the process of doing this :(

rickysmiths
08-04-2011, 07:58 PM
As long as you justify it you can get a Variation for new business.

I wouldn't ask for the name to be changed I would just state you have as they can see from you records, experience in handling this number of children for these hours. The key really is to show the parent has no alternative but to use you and so by not getting the variation they will not be able to work so the 'Economic Wellbeing' of the family will be affected and so that of the chiild.

Personally I don't know Ofsted justification for this hang up on Variationd for continuety of care or sibblings only. Taking o a sibbling is taking on a new child! I think if we can show that we can deal with the senario then they should consider it on its merits.

After all it affects our Economic Wellbeing.

Playmate
08-04-2011, 08:09 PM
As long as you justify it you can get a Variation for new business.

I wouldn't ask for the name to be changed I would just state you have as they can see from you records, experience in handling this number of children for these hours. The key really is to show the parent has no alternative but to use you and so by not getting the variation they will not be able to work so the 'Economic Wellbeing' of the family will be affected and so that of the chiild.

Personally I don't know Ofsted justification for this hang up on Variationd for continuety of care or sibblings only. Taking o a sibbling is taking on a new child! I think if we can show that we can deal with the senario then they should consider it on its merits.

After all it affects our Economic Wellbeing.

Unfortunately Ofsted are jobs worth now when it comes to variations. We currently have one showing on our cert for 3 days a week. That child is now in full time school and we no longer care for her. One of my others needed to extend his hours to match his sisters (4 hours in one afternoon :rolleyes: ) I have been minding for 18 years and been awarded outstanding twice, but ofsted are still making us jump through stupid hoops :angry:
Good luck :thumbsup:

rickysmiths
08-04-2011, 08:12 PM
Unfortunately Ofsted are jobs worth now when it comes to variations. We currently have one showing on our cert for 3 days a week. That child is now in full time school and we no longer care for her. One of my others needed to extend his hours to match his sisters (4 hours in one afternoon :rolleyes: ) I have been minding for 18 years and been awarded outstanding twice, but ofsted are still making us jump through stupid hoops :angry:
Good luck :thumbsup:

What on earth are they making you do that request seems quite straight forward?

Mind you remember I took them to a Panel Meeting and cost them (sorry the tax payers!)money so I think my card is marked!!:laughing: They don't argue with me now, just bow down :laughing: :laughing:

Playmate
08-04-2011, 08:19 PM
What on earth are they making you do that request seems quite straight forward?

Mind you remember I took them to a Panel Meeting and cost them (sorry the tax payers!)money so I think my card is marked!!:laughing: They don't argue with me now, just bow down :laughing: :laughing:

They have made us fill out their stupid form with all the children's d.o.b's on and the hours they attend :angry: In the section that asked about do I have the right provisions etc etc I have refered them to my last inspection report :laughing: They are probably still trying to wade through all the info and wished they had never asked :D

SandCastles
08-04-2011, 08:26 PM
Thanks for your replies, I shall contact them and ask the question, but I will fill out their variation form before i call just in case they need it, then I can email whilst on phone.

rickysmiths
08-04-2011, 08:37 PM
They have made us fill out their stupid form with all the children's d.o.b's on and the hours they attend :angry: In the section that asked about do I have the right provisions etc etc I have refered them to my last inspection report :laughing: They are probably still trying to wade through all the info and wished they had never asked :D

Oh right, yes thats the new form. I quite liked it, I thought they had taken on board some of the things a lot of us did when we sent letters in, I have always done a grid with dob, ages and hours anyway. At least you can do it online. Even I managed to do that with a very little help from dd! :blush:

Good luck, I'm sure you will get what you want.

onceinabluemoon
09-04-2011, 06:47 AM
I thought the form was good too. I have a saved cope of my variation application on my laptop so when I wanted to pout another one in all I had to do was change a few details.

Much easier than trying to guess what they wanted, lol!

OP, in my earlier reply I misunderstood your question. You cannot use your existing variation for a new mindee as others have said. Sorry I thought you meant could you get it changed (ie a new variation on the same terms) for your new child.

Its still doubtful if they will do it for new business but nothing ventured nothing gained. x