PDA

View Full Version : has anyone done this??

sharonmanc
08-04-2011, 12:16 PM
Doubt themselves? I have not even had my briefing yet:blush:
But this is all i think about, mainly my house not being nice enough, not getting any mindees etc arghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

ok had my rant think I can go and enjoy the day now, no wait I dont think my garden is big enough ha ha

onceinabluemoon
08-04-2011, 12:21 PM
I really wouldn't worry about your house being nice enough, mine was very basic when I had my pre reg meeting. It's been decorated well since then but the mindees trash it so not much point in trying to make it nice.

My garden is also tiny - about 16 foot square - but ofsted were impressed that I had made the most of the small space and I pointed out there were 2 parks within a 5 minute walking distance so that was ok.

I didnt doubt myself at all but I had worked with little ones for years before, and been a parent to six of my own, so knew I could do the job.

sharonmanc
08-04-2011, 12:27 PM
I really wouldn't worry about your house being nice enough, mine was very basic when I had my pre reg meeting. It's been decorated well since then but the mindees trash it so not much point in trying to make it nice.

My garden is also tiny - about 16 foot square - but ofsted were impressed that I had made the most of the small space and I pointed out there were 2 parks within a 5 minute walking distance so that was ok.

I didnt doubt myself at all but I had worked with little ones for years before, and been a parent to six of my own, so knew I could do the job.

Thanks for the reassurance , I think it is more my home than anything, being a teacher, and having 3 of my own, I know i can do the job etc, I think it might be more the house side of things, or just the jitters as I am leaving teaching and it is a whole new adventure. :)

WibbleWobble
08-04-2011, 12:29 PM
every day!!!

mandy xxx

Pipsqueak
08-04-2011, 12:42 PM
yep all the time!!! lol

I wonder why I am doing this, if I am doing it right or ok.

Its only natural to be nervous though and there is always something you could be beating yourself up about

Ripeberry
08-04-2011, 12:47 PM
This what Ofsted call self reflection :D

Louise317
08-04-2011, 12:51 PM
All the time!

I gave up project management 2yrs ago when I went on maternity leave.
I've had two bouts of Post natal depression (but all good now)

I wanted to be CM when I was 17, didn't happen... so thought I'm at home now have time why not do something for me and so I started CM process (I'm waiting on CRBs and a visit from Mrs O)

I think on one hand that this is the structure me and my lo needs and it'll be great for us both on many levels and my friends (with kids) think i'll be great at it... but on the other hand, can I actually do it!

My house basic, needs a freshen up and some toy organisation :) I worry about the EYFS side of things can I provide the children with the right care.

I have the EYFS session booked for Early May so hoping that will install some confidence in me.

I'm sure your home will be just fine :) x

sharonmanc
08-04-2011, 12:57 PM
This what Ofsted call self reflection :D

haha

All the time!

I gave up project management 2yrs ago when I went on maternity leave.
I've had two bouts of Post natal depression (but all good now)

I wanted to be CM when I was 17, didn't happen... so thought I'm at home now have time why not do something for me and so I started CM process (I'm waiting on CRBs and a visit from Mrs O)

I think on one hand that this is the structure me and my lo needs and it'll be great for us both on many levels and my friends (with kids) think i'll be great at it... but on the other hand, can I actually do it!

My house basic, needs a freshen up and some toy organisation I worry about the EYFS side of things can I provide the children with the right care.

I have the EYFS session booked for Early May so hoping that will install some confidence in me.

I'm sure your home will be just fine

i wanted to childmind 8 years ago before i took my teaching job, and was happy with my school going through a restructure so that i could take this opportunity to do childminding. I cant wait to get the process started