PDA

View Full Version : Confidentiality help please

keeks
08-04-2011, 08:45 AM
Can I show a child's learning journey/diary (as in just flicking through to give an idea) to a prospective parent if I have the parent's permission?

One of my parents said I should show them to new parents as she really likes them, and she would be happy for me to show her child's.

As much as I am really proud of them and would like to show them to everyone :D I still felt there might be a confidentiality issue?

xx

breezy
08-04-2011, 08:50 AM
I'm not sure you could, definitley a confidentiality issue, personally I wouldnt :(

rickysmiths
08-04-2011, 08:51 AM
I have gradually made up a dummy one so I can show it to parents. The photos in it show only the back view or little of the children so no faces. I find it gives new parents a flavour of what learning Jouneys are.

Mouse
08-04-2011, 08:56 AM
I have gradually made up a dummy one so I can show it to parents. The photos in it show only the back view or little of the children so no faces. I find it gives new parents a flavour of what learning Jouneys are.

I've done something similar. I've copied pages from actual LJs, but removed any names or identifying details. Photos are of the activitiy itself, or of the child's back, hands etc, but no faces.

RainbowMum
08-04-2011, 09:06 AM
If a parent has given permission it is not a confidential matter, get them to sign a slip and its fine!

Pipsqueak
08-04-2011, 09:22 AM
I would say if you have written parental permission to show it then that is ok.

I agree to making up a 'dummy one'.

singlewiththree
08-04-2011, 09:51 AM
I have parental permission to show LJ and do :)

babs
08-04-2011, 09:57 AM
the lj i show parents is of my great nieces i minded them for a while and mum said i could keep them i still add to them as we have them on weekends too so its still on going. just started a other one for my other great niece shes just 6 months old, we take loads of pictures and do lots with them some weeks its like i never get a day off ....:eek: but i do love having them ..

Louise317
08-04-2011, 09:57 AM
I haven't started minding yet, but I'm going to start putting on together a LJ for my daughter who is 2. Means I get my head into it, something to show Mrs O when they come to pre-reg visit and something to show prospective parents :)

Keeks if your parent happy with that just get them to sign a slip or just make up a mock one from what you've already gathered :)

Great news that your parent suggested it though, means you dong a good job :)