PDA

View Full Version : a new mindee

Ava's Nana
08-04-2011, 07:41 AM
I’m starting to have a ten month old baby in may, :clapping: :clapping: the youngest I’ve had up till now is a 4yr old so need some advice from those more experienced lol.
What should parents be supplying? Also I’ve seen some of you say before about sending notes home etc in their books...what books? Is there something I should do and send home daily?
All advice greatly appreciated and very much needed. Thanks :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

handeme
08-04-2011, 08:24 AM
I currently have a 11 month old and I ask his parents to supply, nappies, change of clothes, dummies, sun hat etc.

I supply wipes at the moment but that is only becuase I buy them anyway for my 1 year old.

I have made a little questionnaire up for his parents to fill in as part of the settling in process, just includes, dislikes/likes if he has a bottle and how much, how much does he sleep, does he have a comforter etc.

I don't have a diary book that goes home I complete a diary sheet everyday that goes home with them, says what he has eaten, what times he slept and home many times he has poo'ed and wee'ed

hth c x

aunt sally
08-04-2011, 09:33 AM
I look after a 14 month old. Mum supplies nappies, wipes, couple of change of clothes, hat, suncream, lunch box etc. I use a daily diary which I put in the childs bag at the end of the day for mum to read and make any comments in and then mum puts it back in the bag for me. I write down activities we have done, any groups visited, snacks, drinks, nappy changes, nap times. Mum really enjoys reading it.

samb
08-04-2011, 10:42 AM
Congratulations on your new mindee. Yes the "book" would be like a daily dairy to keep parents informed of little ones movements - eg nappies, food and activities enjoyed. It is up to you if you do them and how. I also ask parents to write in it but mine don't, but they do like reading it.

I ask mine to provide nappies, wipes, change of clothes and weather appropriate items such as wellies or sun hat. I have 1 parent who leaves a pack of nappies and wipes and I let her know when they are running low and another puts items in a daily bag.

Ava's Nana
11-04-2011, 06:03 AM
thanks everyone, thats a great help. the daily diary sounds like a really good idea, think i'll be doing one to. x :laughing:

angeldelight
12-04-2011, 09:17 PM
Good luck with the new job

Hope it all goes ok , keep us posted

Angel xx