PDA

View Full Version : Operational Plan

webbthomas
07-04-2011, 10:15 PM
I am preparing my "operational plan" in light of the new NMS and regs.

I was wondering whether anyone has any guidance / notes on what constitutes an Operational Plan for child minding in Wales please? I was thinking of preparing my plans under specific headings and explaining how I operate in accordance with these headings.

My preference is to use the Every Child Matters Outcomes framework :
* Help children to be healthy;
* Protect them from harm and neglect and help them stay safe;
* Help them enjoy and achieve;
* Help them make a positive contribution to your provision and the wider community;
* Organisation - how well the setting is led and managed.

Or should I use the new NMS main headings :
* Information on Service
* Planning for Individual Needs and Preferences
* Empowering service users, encouraging life style choices
* Quality of care
* Staffing
* Conduct and Management of Service
* Complaints, Protection and Notification of Significant Events
* The Physical Environment

Would really appreciate your views - there is plenty on the Internet for Operational Plans but they all relate to England and the EYFS. Thanks very much.

Polly2
23-04-2011, 07:22 PM
Just been looking at this myself! I have an inspection comming up :panic: I am thinking of using the ECM headings like you say.

I have found this site which although English looks good for ideas http://www.devon.gov.uk/index/cyps/early_years_and_childcare/eycs/providers/docbank/creating_your_plan.htm

sarah707
24-04-2011, 06:51 AM
Be careful using ECM - the coalition govt does not seem to be giving it the same weighting as before and the ECM dedicated website has disappeared.

I would use either the NMS or simply put it in alphabetical order!

It's very similar to an Ofsted Portfolio of Evidence or Evidence file ... if you Google lots will come up :D

Polly2
25-04-2011, 01:40 PM
Thanks for the advice Sarah!