PDA

View Full Version : hi viz, what age

mushpea
07-04-2011, 06:28 PM
what age children do you put or would you put hi vz vests on when you go out in the school holidays
my eldest mindee is 7yrs and has been with me 2yrs and I can trust him to do as his told but I wonder this year weather to not make him wear the vest as he gets embarased and hes that bit older,,, would you make him wear it or would you get him a wrist band or somthing similar

FussyElmo
07-04-2011, 06:51 PM
Personally I would let him wear the wristband :thumbsup:

Playmate
07-04-2011, 07:42 PM
I'm mean I make all mine wear them including my 11 year old daughter :laughing:

mushpea
07-04-2011, 07:46 PM
I'm mean I make all mine wear them including my 11 year old daughter :laughing:

mine have 'iam with my childminder' and my phone number on so mine dont wear them,, they are 10yrs and 12 yrs and have their own phones so I can contact them if i cant see them,, i want to trust him and not have to make him wear one as I understand as he gets older he will get embarrased more and more but also I want to be able to see him, last year I only made him wear it if it were really packed somwhere so was starting to build the trust and he is pretty good about it but this year I have 4 mindees in the hols and can just see them all going diferent ways!

onceinabluemoon
08-04-2011, 06:27 AM
Hmm tough one

On the one hand at 7 he is probably getting self concious

On the other there is the requirement that you can see him or hear him at all times

As the second one is a statutory 'guideline' I'm afraid I would go with 'wear it' if you are going somewhere that you wont be able to see him if he doesn't. He's old enough to understand you have to follow rules too...

I would make my 7YO mindee wear one if we went somewhere packed but I am very safety concious

mama2three
08-04-2011, 06:32 AM
I would make him wear it Im afraid - tell him its just like a childminder school uniform and everyone has to have one.

Hebs
08-04-2011, 06:32 AM
we all wear wristbands that have my mobile number on, i wear one too as do my own kids (aged 14 and 11)

PixiePetal
08-04-2011, 06:51 AM
I have thought about getting bright coloured hats for older ones to wear. Or t shirts?