PDA

View Full Version : its easy to be outstanding

foxy lady
07-04-2011, 12:33 PM
get ready for the quote of them all!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
this is a conversation between me and a mum at pre school

mum: oh hi how did your ofsted go:)
me : really good thanks i got outstanding:clapping:
mum : oh well done, thats that second time you have got outstanding isnt it?
me : yes it is
mum: oh well if you have got it twice just shows how easy it is to get outstanding then:eek:
me : thanks:angry:

so there we go girls outstanding is easy to get

keeks
07-04-2011, 12:39 PM
:eek:

Shame I didn't know. I had my first inspection today and got good. :laughing:

Well done, she is just thoughtless.

xx

blue bear
07-04-2011, 12:51 PM
Did the preschool get outstanding ? If not makes you wonder what she thinks of them! I suppose it just goes to show how parents have no real idea of the work we do.

Well done you :clapping:

funemnx
07-04-2011, 12:56 PM
Doh! If only I'd known how easy it is, I'd have got one too!!! grrrr at parent! :mad:

WELL DONE and CONGRATULATIONS!!!! :clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

foxy lady
07-04-2011, 01:00 PM
Did the preschool get outstanding ? If not makes you wonder what she thinks of them! I suppose it just goes to show how parents have no real idea of the work we do.

Well done you :clapping:
no both the school and pre school have both got good in the last 2 months but of course its easier for us (NOT):angry:

juslh
07-04-2011, 01:18 PM
Her comment would have really annoyed me, you did well to maintain your professional composure!

She is totally clueless so treat her comment with the contempt it deserves!

And well done you:clapping:

acorns
07-04-2011, 01:36 PM
Well done:clapping: :clapping: Hope you put her right!

onceinabluemoon
07-04-2011, 02:42 PM
stoooooooopid woman!

Easy indeed!!! :angry:

ajs
07-04-2011, 02:58 PM
tell her to try it then

well done to you,keep up the OUTSTANDING work:clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

Mollymop
07-04-2011, 03:41 PM
Some people just sadly do not understand! Most of my parents don't even know what my Good means!! (well it means I am good! which is good for goodness sake!):rolleyes:

appleblossom
07-04-2011, 04:37 PM
To be honest I really honestly don't want an outstanding grade. I don't consider that I ca do more than I do already and still have any sort of life of my own, or time with my own family. In addition, once you have it you have to keep it up no matter what else is going on in your life (for example when my DH was terminally ill I could not have concerned myself with striving to keep up an outstanding grade). If you don't keep it up and are then down graded it looks as though your service has deteriorated. In my view that is worse than being graded consistently 'good'.

sandy64
07-04-2011, 05:20 PM
thats funny not everyone has had first graded inspection yet so to have 2 wow thats good:rolleyes: thought it was every 3yrs lol

zillervalley
07-04-2011, 06:03 PM
people just get right up my nose with these comments

i also got something similar said to me when i got mine

things must be slacking with ofsted .

i must admit i should have been jumping for joy at my grade but have kept very quiet about it because of fellow minders

ziller

The Juggler
07-04-2011, 08:59 PM
:clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: way to go you !!! as for her - ignore her :angry: :angry:

janush
07-04-2011, 11:03 PM
well done you, I was told the other day as I was taking 4 under 3's round the fishmongers explaining about all they could see and smell that I should become a teacher or work in the school rather than being JUST a childminder!:angry:

On the Plus side when The headmaster of my kids school found out i'd got an outstanding he said 'wow' that's really hard to get when you work on your own and then put an article about me in the school newsletter!

Hopefully as time goes on people will start to appreciate what hard work our job is :)

breezy
08-04-2011, 08:36 AM
Of course its easy thats why so many people get it:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :laughing:

SammyM
08-04-2011, 08:44 AM
I wish the parents would be graded too, just imagine how many would be in special measures!!! :eek: :eek: :eek:

foxy lady
08-04-2011, 08:45 AM
I wish the parents would be graded too, just imagine how many would be in special measures!!! :eek: :eek: :eek:

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

caz3007
08-04-2011, 11:19 AM

Nods, especially after the week lots of us seem to have had. Thank goodness its Friday and a couple of days to ourselves :thumbsup:

ChocolateChip
08-04-2011, 06:07 PM

OMG, that is so funny...... and soooooo true! :laughing: :laughing: