PDA

View Full Version : Another morning of tears :-(

lou246
07-04-2011, 11:13 AM
Since my last post 'what an argumentative morning I've had' I spoke to the mum who shouted at me down the phone saying I was unprofessional and she was going to report me to ofsted!!!!!
I really haven't done anything wrong and am gutted that she could say that!
While 'calmly' trying to explain about her daughter she then proceded to have a moan about my 4 year old never speaking to her :angry: She's only met her once and that was on the first visit!!!!!!! :angry:
I felt like she was having a personal attack on my daughter because she's shy! I still kept calm though which to me makes me the better person!

Has anyone been threatened with complaints to ofsted before? I haven't even had my first grading yet and I'm seriously now worried about what might happen!

Oh and she STILL wants me to have her daughter tomorrow :rolleyes: so I'm such a bad childminder am I??? I agreed to take her tomorrow but that would be it and I only agreed to that because she threatened me with ofsted and I don't want to make her more mad :blush:

Sorry to rant :blush:

caz3007
07-04-2011, 11:17 AM
Oh dear, for some reason it seems likes its been a week of it. Lots of unhappy CM's.

Whiles its fresh in your mind, I would log down all what was said including the fact that she wants you to still mind her DD tomorrow. I think I would also be logging down all the incidents leading up to this whilst it is still fresh in your mind.

As to her moaning about your own DD, I would ignore that, like you said she only met her once and your DD is shy. She was just trying to swing the balance around.

sarah707
07-04-2011, 05:25 PM
parents are usually very protective about their children and will often find something to pick at you about rather than accept there's a problem.

Write it up as you have been advised and think very carefully about whether you want to continue working with this family.

Hugs x

lou246
08-04-2011, 08:54 AM
Wow..... I feel bad for this child now!!! :(
We had a little chat this morning brought up by her, she said wasn't happy so we had a heart to heart and the things she said just shocked me :eek:
It seems her mum and dad have both told her things that I've said like for example she has a bad attitude BUT.... I have never ever said anything apart from a couple of days ago when I told her dad she had been a little argumentative! She was almost in tears telling me she wanted to tell me something but her mum had shouted at her that if she said anything she would be in big trouble!
She did in fact tell me but I already knew considering it was me that ended the contract :rolleyes:
She ended up grabbing me in the school playground and hugging me for ages!

Ive know who the new childminder is as that's something else she told me! She's super experienced and got lots of children with her so I very much doubt this will happen to her but I would love to ask her advice on what she would have done in my position!
X

Pipsqueak
08-04-2011, 09:01 AM
arrrgghhh parents - they really don't have a clue sometimes how difficult they make OUR job and how they hurt their children when they say such thoughtless things in front of /too the kids :(

glad you got it sorted with the lass though and you are parting on good terms.

lou246
08-04-2011, 09:13 AM
Thanks pipsqueak!
I'm not sure what her parents are thinking to be honest! When I was getting abuse thrown at me over the phone by her mum she was saying so many things that were so untrue!
I am too happy that this little girl no longer thinks I'm the devil!!!
Xxx