PDA

View Full Version : parents/childrens holidays and sickness

foxy lady
07-04-2011, 08:47 AM
how many of you charge full pay for parents/child holiday and sickness and non for your own this is how i do it and have a parent questioning it ?

AliceK
07-04-2011, 08:51 AM
I charge full fees for childs sickness which I think is pretty standard. I charge 50% for childs holidays if I am given at least 4 wks notice otherwise it is full fee. Around here full-fee is the norm, I always paid it when my DS was with a childminder.

xxxxx

Mouse
07-04-2011, 08:52 AM
That's how I charge it.

Full fee if I am open & available to work, no fee if I am closed (my sickness or holiday). I would try explaining to the parent that they are paying for their child's place. When it is available (ie. whenever you are open), they pay the fee whether or not the child attends. If you are closed, the space isn't available, so they don't pay.

snufflepuff
07-04-2011, 09:16 AM
I charge the same as you.

What is she questioning about it? Does she think she shouldn't have to pay if she doesn't bring LO to you?

foxy lady
07-04-2011, 09:24 AM
I charge the same as you.

What is she questioning about it? Does she think she shouldn't have to pay if she doesn't bring LO to you?

yes she was saying the other day about not paying for holidays if she gives me 4 weeks notice . i have looked on her contract to make sure she signed 6 months ago when the child started , she did sign the holiday contract that says she will pay full for her holidays and sickness i just wanted to check with you guys what you do. i was sure that this was pretty standard and it seems it is. her little 1 is in this afternoon so i am going to talk to her about it afterall she did sighed the contract. i am full at the moment and just have 1 day on a tues left and people on a waiting list so if she dosnt like it she could always try somewhere else lol

onceinabluemoon
07-04-2011, 09:27 AM
That's how I charge it.

Full fee if I am open & available to work, no fee if I am closed (my sickness or holiday). I would try explaining to the parent that they are paying for their child's place. When it is available (ie. whenever you are open), they pay the fee whether or not the child attends. If you are closed, the space isn't available, so they don't pay.

ditto, i do the same

swindonminder
07-04-2011, 09:33 AM
same for me as well

Pipsqueak
07-04-2011, 09:43 AM
yes full fees when child is absent from contracted days/hours

the parent is retaining the space through her payment otherwise technically you could let someone else have that space.

JCrakers
07-04-2011, 11:40 AM
Full fees for when im open (child illness/holiday)
No fee for when im close (my holiday/my illness and BH's)

Becky x

handeme
07-04-2011, 11:53 AM
same for me x

rickysmiths
07-04-2011, 12:05 PM
Full fee for everything except when I am off sick.

nell57
07-04-2011, 12:12 PM
Full fees for when im open (child illness/holiday)
No fee for when im close (my holiday/my illness and BH's)

Becky x

This is the same as mine too.

RachelE
07-04-2011, 12:15 PM
I'm the same too.

I have recently had a parent questioning it too. (she'd got away with not paying for hers for 3 years and now I'm getting tough! ;) )

Its your business and its very common to do it that way.

Rachel x