PDA

View Full Version : Trouble finding mindees :-(

muffins
07-04-2011, 08:43 AM
I've been off on Mat leave for the last year but have been actively seeking mindees since beg Jan.

Before I was on mat leave I never had a parent turn me down in 5 years and I was almost always full! Not the case now!:(

I've got 1 mindee for 2 half days & a friend has asked me to do 1 day from mid May. However I've had at least 5 people turn me down!

The only reasons I can think is putting people off is the fact I've got 2 young LO's (2yrs & 11mths), also I haven't had an inspection for 5yrs.

Sorry for the rant just had to get this off my chest!

RachelE
07-04-2011, 09:08 AM
Do you have your own children, or mindees at school?

I found once my oldest child got to school, my enquiries went through the roof - Mums at school gates like to chat!! ;)

Good luck, I hope you find some mindees soon - they are like buses!

Rachel x

muffins
07-04-2011, 02:56 PM
Do you have your own children, or mindees at school?

I found once my oldest child got to school, my enquiries went through the roof - Mums at school gates like to chat!! ;)

Good luck, I hope you find some mindees soon - they are like buses!

Rachel x

My LO's are 2yrs & 11mths so not in any nurserys or sch yet! I do attend toddler groups but hardly ever any new faces at these as they are in villages & everyone there knows me, also alot of there minders at these!!:rolleyes:

I am getting the enquiries but none work out for me which never happened before I had my LO's, I never had anyone not take up an offer of a space!

I think my prob is people see me with 2 young LO's & think I already have alot on my hands, and they don't want there LO's to be compeating for attention. Not like that at all though, at on point I had a 6mth old & 13mth old twins, I am more than capable & am always aware of giving my attention equally.

Its just soooo frustrating.

Mollymop
07-04-2011, 03:55 PM
I hope things pick up for you soon.
Are you on Facebook? Have you thought of advertising yourself on there. x

muffins
07-04-2011, 06:00 PM
:clapping: Just had a call from someone who wants to come round tomorrow:clapping: Wants 2 days per week:D

onceinabluemoon
07-04-2011, 06:04 PM
Excellent news!!! Fingers crossed for you x