PDA

View Full Version : another question...(what would you do?)

levason
06-04-2011, 09:33 PM
Just had someone enquire for one day a week but only 12-3 which is hardly anything, would you charge for a min of say 6 hours? or a higher rate or just turn it down?xx

jumpinjen
06-04-2011, 10:04 PM
Depends on the age of the child as it may compromise a full time space enquiry at a later date... having said that lots of minders prefer to work with part-time children as the income from more families is more secure.

Some minders that want to have part-time work decide on 'session fees' and charge to cover the afternoon session, some also charge for a minimum, perhaps you could work out your fee for a session or minimum and see what seems OK?

Good luck, Jen x

Baildon bears
06-04-2011, 10:33 PM
The only time I would do it was if I had a spare afternoon when I have a mindee at school, if it fits in to your routine then do it but for a min fee, if it's going to restrict taking anyone else on then I would say no , it's not worth the hastle of all the paperwork for 3 hours.

AliceK
07-04-2011, 08:50 AM
Hi

I would do it but charge a session rate eg for a whole afternoon. I have taken on a child before for 1 day a week which grew to 2 and I had no trouble fitting in another one around the other days but I guess it depends on how frequent full-timers are in your area. Why not offer it as a temporary thing? See what happens.

xxxxxx

donnamarie2
07-04-2011, 12:47 PM
Do you think it may lead to more ? I had an enquiry for holiday care that i wasn't sure about but it has lead to me having this child 1 day and 3 hours on the next day so you never know.
I'm just charging hourly as in the holidays this child will be everyday and im also not really wanting to take on any more daytime children in term time so im not bothered about filling spaces i'm happy with my afterschool children so i can spend time with my daughter.
You could always do either a half day rate or minimum hours if you were worried about loosing money.

blue bear
07-04-2011, 12:56 PM
All my children are part time ranging from three hours to three days, they just all seem to fit around one another but then again if a full timer comes calling I have to say no, really depends what suits you

Up side is when some one leaves I only loose a small portion of my income

Down side us I have 7 eyfs children so seven learning journeys/ observations to maintain

The Juggler
07-04-2011, 09:01 PM
i would do a min. 4 hours at a higher hourly rate.:)

Helen Dempster
08-04-2011, 12:49 PM
I mind a 2yo just one morning each week, 9am-1pm and I charge my half day fee.