PDA

View Full Version : mmm??? Advice please.

levason
06-04-2011, 08:02 PM
Hey everyone,

my spaces are filling up quickly now which is fab, I have a parent coming 2moro but if she decides to go with me not sure what kind of contract to offer as she is starting to work as a creche worker at a local children's centre so it's likely to be as and when she is needed or for blocks of weeks at times, so when they offe courses to parents) I could do an ad hoc contract but then Im likely to fill these spaces quite quickly so it would seem a bit pointless offering this if im no longer going to have a space or should i offer the space and a retainer for weeks not in use??

Also, I am also offering a parent an ad hoc contract for school holiday care and just wondered if there is anything in particular I need to state on it (i use the ncma ones) to say that its as and when needed? xx

miffy
06-04-2011, 08:41 PM
For the creche worker I suppose it depends on whether you want to fill all of your spaces all of the time - she may need more childcare than you thought or it may turn out not to be worthwhile financially for you - I'd wait and see her before you make your mind up but if it's sessional work she's unlikely to be able to afford to pay a retainer for the weeks she's not working.

For the ad hoc school holiday care I would ask for days to be notified 2 weeks in ad vance and include that once booked they had to be paid for even if they weren't used in the end. If that isn't practical because care might be needed at very short notice then I'd charge a slightly higher rate

Miffy xx