PDA

View Full Version : thinking of giving notice.... TO ALL!!

SamWilliams1980
06-04-2011, 05:51 PM
Recently (well gradually more and more over the last 8 months or so) I have found myself, more and more unmotivated and unfulfilled in this job.

I have found myself really starting to miss my old career (I used to be a nurse). I dont feel any sense of achievement in this anymore (even when I have achieved).

I feel sorry for my mindee's and parents, as altho i put 100% in a physical way with a smile on my face and a spring in my step my heart just isnt in it.

The other week after a glass or 2 of vino (no during the day lol) I emailed my local nhs trust to see what return to practice courses they offered.... Hmmm I just dont know.....:confused:

sam

Andrea08
06-04-2011, 05:53 PM
hi, well only you know how you are feeling and what is right for you but i would look for a job first see if there are any in your area , if you get the job then give your 4 wks notice,

not sure what i can say hun sorry (((Huggz)))) and good luck xxx

blue bear
06-04-2011, 05:54 PM
Easier said than done but no harm in giving it a go, keep up your registration for cm just in case

SamWilliams1980
06-04-2011, 05:57 PM
thanks hun, I know no one can really tell me what to do in this situation. But I just needed to vent it i guess. Actually say it (type it) out loud and let myself feel it instead of ignoring it (that was a bit cheesy and cliched wasnt it) lol

One of the biggest things i think that would bother me is finding my kids childcare (before and after school), finding someone i trust and leaving them, how ironic from a CM huh?

clio0602
06-04-2011, 07:14 PM
Awww I know how you feel and I gave notice to all my mindees and finished 11th March.

I'm loving the time I'm spending with DD but intend to start minding again around Oct and hopefuly get a tto lo maybe.

Is there any way you could do both part time for a while? See how you feel. I know a cm who minds 3 days and works as a nurse 2 days and she's going really well with it all and loves it.

xxx