PDA

View Full Version : Ofsted inspection help please

keeks
06-04-2011, 11:52 AM
I am being inspected tomorrow, and just have a couple of questions of good practice.

If I leave the room to put youngest mindee to bed, do I have to bring older mindee with me? Or can I ask inspector to go to the kitchen when I put lo to bed (only takes a minute).

I change nappies in the play room. Do I ask inspector to leave the room when I change mindee?

If inspector want a cup of tea, do I just bring him to the kitchen, or must I bring the children?

This is probably silly questions, but I suddenly thought of them and wasn't sure what to do.

xx

FussyElmo
06-04-2011, 11:54 AM
I always thought that with the ofsted inspector being crb'ed you could actually leave the children with her well you went out of the room.

Ask the inspecter when she gets there :)

miffy
06-04-2011, 12:11 PM
I would say to the older one that you are going to do xxx and ask if they want to stay and play or go with you - as long as the child is within your sight or hearing that should be fine.

Re the nappies I would explain to the inspector what you are going to do and ask if they wish to leave the room - some inspectors will observe you doing a nappy change, others won't.

I wouldn't offer the inspector a cup of tea so wouldn't have a problem there.

Miffy xx

breezy
06-04-2011, 05:59 PM
I left inspector with 3 year old while i took 2 year old to the loo I said to inspector " I wouldn't normally leave children with a visitor but I know you've been crb checked" she said " thats absolutely fine" then promptly started quizzing 3 yr old about hand washing:laughing:

Didnt offer her a drink !!

Mouse
06-04-2011, 06:37 PM
I have it in one of my policies that I can leave children alone with an Ofsted inspector. At my last inspection I left them alone to go and make drinks and get snack ready...and to answer the door when the postie came to deliver a parcel. I didn't hear the door & it was the inspector who told me someone was knocking :laughing:
Each time I was out of the room the inspector took time to talk to the children about what they were doing.

As for nappy changing, eaither move out of the room, or try to make it as private as possible - face the bottom end away from the inspector or move to a less visible place.