PDA

View Full Version : Gov Cuts - First Parent

Pipsqueak
06-04-2011, 10:20 AM
Parent of R and P - nearly in tears as she dropped of P this morning. The reductions have seen her losing nearly £400 a month - nearly all of the childcare element. She was telling me that they are already on a really low pay bracket, don't receive housing benefit of anything, she thinks she will have to cut her hours as she cannot afford the childcare.

Great - cheers Messers Cameron and Clegg - nice one:thumbsup:

miffy
06-04-2011, 12:18 PM
Ridiculous isn't it! And I don't think the cuts have even started to bite properly yet :(

Sorry, Pip hope you don't lose too much work.

Miffy xx

Mouse
06-04-2011, 12:37 PM
What a shame. I don't know much about tax credits, but that's a lot to lose. I thought they were just changing the maximum amount from 80% to 70%. Are they making more cuts than that?

ajs
06-04-2011, 12:39 PM
and only it's going to get worse, there isn't a household in England that is not going to be affected in one way or another.

I hate to think how it's going to affect us but only time will tell

The Juggler
06-04-2011, 01:10 PM
What a shame. I don't know much about tax credits, but that's a lot to lose. I thought they were just changing the maximum amount from 80% to 70%. Are they making more cuts than that?

my friend will lose all hers soon. she has an ex who pays nothing towards the kids but fortunately has just been promoted so is able to keep them almost how they used to be when ex was living at hom. However, due to new rules her new salary will just take her over the band at which she is entitled to claim childcare element. If she were in a couple whose total income was the same as her single income she would still be entitled to claim it. So, great work for single mums doing it for themselves Tories. I know you believe in the 'traditional' family but some people have no choice, go out and get a good job and you stuff them where it hurts :angry:

Pip I'm sorry to hear about your mum. Hope you don't lose them.:(

flowerpots
06-04-2011, 01:18 PM
its terrible, ive had this, this morning too, mum came and dropped off lo and said she will have to cut the hours she is working as she just cant afford full time childcare now that tax credits have been cut.:(

Andrea08
06-04-2011, 01:22 PM
oh no its started me too as one4 parent is loosing childcare costs and said he will just have to come to you for 2 days...:eek:

when this is to start i dont know but her cheque has bounced for the 2nd time and she not paid me for over 5 wks.... getting worried now

sandy64
06-04-2011, 02:22 PM
thats scary my parents were getting 95% payed and now its dropping to 70% thats alot extra to find especially when there cutting other things as well i really hope us c.m dont suffer as we cant afford to lose the lo vicious circle and we cant do anythink :panic: :angry: