PDA

View Full Version : Moan time....Frazzled :(

05-04-2011, 10:20 PM
So, like most of you guys out there, I work 12 hour shifts 5 days a week childminding with a minimum of 3 babies/toddlers every day and then an additional 4 kids after school. To top it all off I started my CYPW diploma in January and as of beginning of April, I am struggling to fit it all in. I am beyond frazzled :(. The workload feels enormous when you have got to fit it in around the childminding days and that doesn't even take into account the expenses, Eyfs and planning paperwork that I have to do on a weekly basis. Then there is the family life and dealing with your own children!!! I know I'm not the only one out there but needed to have a moan as it's really getting me down :(

janush
05-04-2011, 10:30 PM
and so many people say that childminders are not professionals and just sit with a cup of tea gassing all day! sympathies hun, i'm sure we've all been there :(

Blaze
05-04-2011, 10:38 PM
You're right - you are not alone! You need to work out how to lighten the load or you will burn out. Can you hire a celaner or get someone to do the ironing? (At worst your own family can help with this)!:o :D ... Perhaps simplfy the paperwork....you need to look at what will work for you, but find something or something will give that isn't your choice IYSWIM!

onceinabluemoon
06-04-2011, 05:18 AM
I'm feeling exactly the same at the moment hunny. I cant even hire a cleaner as they dont work weekends. I have had a week where I've been really quite poorly but still worked and the house looks as if a bomb has gone off in it. I had a minded child come in yesterday and say 'what a mess!!' The child is probably the rudest cheekiest child I ever met but his comments still hurt beyond comprehension.

2 of the children I'm minding at the moment are going through a difficult stage and have been ever since they started (for one this is over a year, lol) and on top of that I've had 3 families not pay me this week!

I keep wondering if it is all worth it!

Then I lay on the floor, lay the baby girl on my tummy and play row, row, row your boat with her, she giggles and gurgles and rocks herself to do it again when the song stops. Then I know it is worth it. This is why I do this job, the rest is just the baggage that goes with it.

mushpea
06-04-2011, 06:00 AM
i felt like this a few weeks ago,, i to have 4 schoolies plus my own 2 and 3 littlies, I ended up having a big row with my partner and daughter over the housework as I was fed up with doing it all, we sat down as a family and agreed that saturdays was house work day,, we tried it sat just gone and it worked a treat,, all the house work was done by lunch time meaning we had sunday to do what we wanted, as for the paper work when i did my dhc i would do it evenings and weekends and the ususal paper work like dairys , learning jounels, planning etc I do when the children are happlily playing, i sit where i can keep an eye on them and let them play ,, if they get bored or start playing up I stop paper work and deal with it but ususaly after school they are all happy to play so I sit and do half hour paper work each night, this means the only thing i have to do at the weekend is my accounts.

miffy
06-04-2011, 06:48 AM
I think there are times when everyone feels like this.

Something has to give and if it can't be cutting down your work then take a long, hard look at your paperwork and try to cut it back.

Sending hugs and hope you feel better soon

Miffy xx

angeldelight
06-04-2011, 06:50 AM
I agree with everyone else

Think we all feel like this at some point

I cut down my hours so I am now still busy but finish every day at 4 rather than 6.30 every day

Its made a huge difference having those few more hours to myself

Maybe you could do the same ?

Angel xx

JCrakers
06-04-2011, 09:35 AM
Hugs...

I really admire anyone who does 12hrs a day. I do 10hrs 4 days a week and thats enough for me.

Why dont you think about dropping a day so you can have a day to catch up on things..housework,paperwork,coursework...I dont know what I would do without my Friday off..It enables me to clean,shop for items the kids need, or sometimes just sit and do absolutley nothing :D

If you take on too much your wellbeing will start to suffer and you will make yourself ill which is good for nobody!

Becky x