PDA

View Full Version : Creating a link

mumtodaniel
24-04-2008, 06:14 PM
Hi, I have seen lots of links here, and read one that when you reach 300 messages, you have to link to your hello welcome.

How do you link to that, or if I find a web site I would like to recommend, how do I do that.

I am sure if must be simple, but I haven't worked it out yet?

Maureen

sarah707
24-04-2008, 06:57 PM
To put a web address in a thread you just type the address in full... when you press 'submit reply' the system recognises it and changes it to a link...

If you want to add a big long address and don't want to re-type it, just copy the address from your address bar and paste it straight into a thread... and again the system sorts it out for you.

Why not have a play on your next post...? :D

mumtodaniel
24-04-2008, 07:00 PM
thanks sarah, will do when I find something exciting to link, didn't realise it was as simple.

How do you link back though to this site, again I have seen people referring to a previous thread and linked it?

Maureen

charleyfarley
24-04-2008, 07:01 PM
Thanks Sarah :clapping:

I didn't know how to do that either

Now I'll beable to add things

Carol xx

sarah707
24-04-2008, 07:20 PM
How do you link back though to this site, again I have seen people referring to a previous thread and linked it?

Maureen

Pull up a second forum window on your computer (so you're logged in twice), find the page you want on the second one and copy and paste the address into your answer on the first one... gosh I think that makes sense! :D

mumtodaniel
24-04-2008, 07:25 PM
thanks, yes makes sense, easy when you know the answer.

To think I used to be a PA to a director in a previous life many years ago, could never go back, forgotten excel, powerpoint the lot..... still much prefer working with children, just miss the high London salary.

angeldelight
24-04-2008, 07:27 PM
Hope you worked it out now ?

Angel xx