PDA

View Full Version : So they offer me a ford ka !

mufftie
05-04-2011, 04:13 PM
What a joke

I was hit by an uninsured drunk foreign driver who was on the wrong side of the road completely on Sunday thank god so wasn't working

Bearing in mind mines a 12 seater landrover they offer me a poxy ford ka as a curtesy car ! What am I supposed to do with that I'm so annoyed it's unreal
:angry:

Looks like it's going to court so I'm going to sue for loss of earnings aswel I think

jane5
05-04-2011, 04:24 PM
Oh my gosh:eek: :eek: :eek: (being hit by a car, not being offered a ford ka)

Thank goodness you are ok :phew:

I have no advice but wanted to send hugs :group hug: :group hug:

georgie456
05-04-2011, 04:45 PM
Hope you are ok!!! What a nightmare situation - seems like uninsured drivers are more common than insured these days. Hope it all gets sorted soon xx

I drive a KA and I love it!!! I can still get a stroller in the boot and fit 3 kids in the car and it gets into the teeniest spaces!!! I imagine it is a bit of a shock after usual drive though!

miffy
05-04-2011, 04:51 PM
I was hit by an uninsured drunk foreign driver who was on the wrong side of the road completely on Sunday thank god so wasn't working

:eek: :eek: :eek: Were you hurt?

Sounds like it might be a nightmare to sort out through the courts.

Hope you can get a better deal than the Ford Ka

Miffy xx

mufftie
05-04-2011, 05:20 PM
Don't mean any offence to ka drivers but with 5 kids of my own to transport plus mindees it's not really going to work for me

I've refused it anyway as I've got several minis one of which is an estate so that would be more practical

Toothfairy
05-04-2011, 05:36 PM
Hi Mufftie

I'm glad you are OK and not hurt.

I had the a simular situation with my insurers last summer. They sent me a two door car the same size as a mini :rolleyes: . You could just get 2 booster seats in the back but if you put a full car seat in the back, there was not enough room for a booster seat next to it!!!

I complained to my insurers and they said that my policy did not cover me like for like and that was their standard car. :angry:

Not much good when you have a 7 seater for a reason!

georgie456
05-04-2011, 05:36 PM
Don't mean any offence to ka drivers but with 5 kids of my own to transport plus mindees it's not really going to work for me

I've refused it anyway as I've got several minis one of which is an estate so that would be more practical

No offence taken!!!!! :) :)
I have to admit that when DH bought it for me I nearly lumped him one!!! But it fun to drive and I only have 2 children of my own so it fits for us - it did take a while for me to fall in love though :)
I don't blame you for refusing it - it clearly is not comparable to the car you usually drive!!!

Ripeberry
05-04-2011, 05:44 PM

Reminds me of Xmas Eve back in the mid 90s. I worked in car insurance and a customer actually beat up a garage worker because he was offered a Ford Ka :panic:
Well that person spent Xmas in prison and he deseved it :mad:
Lucky you were driving a 'tank' If it had been a smaller car :(