PDA

View Full Version : IM SO GLAD I READ THAT POST!!!!! FRAUD!!!!

marlee1986
05-04-2011, 09:49 AM
hi all, so my phone rings this morning and the bloke on the phone said he was from the police, and they were wanting to raise the awareness of knife and car crime in the area, they were bringing out a booklet n they adevertise me for the cost of £95 or £195 to get the good name of marlee's childcare,

im so glad id read ther other posts regarding this nt that i wud of done it. dnt have £95 in my bank.

please newbies be aware of this!!!!!!!!!

zillervalley
05-04-2011, 10:01 AM
O M G :eek: glad you were aware

ziller

Mollymop
05-04-2011, 10:20 AM
I'm confused sorry don't take much with me!
Someone phoned up to say they were the police and they wanted you to pay money to feature/advertise your services in a booklet?

Lorraine B
05-04-2011, 10:25 AM
I had the same problem a couple of years ago where I started to be seriously hassled in the end i contacted the police to report the callers :angry:

Twinkle-Toes
05-04-2011, 12:44 PM
OMG thats SO bad!!

I must have totally missed the post on here tho, never heard of it?!

marlee1986
05-04-2011, 02:32 PM
I'm confused sorry don't take much with me!
Someone phoned up to say they were the police and they wanted you to pay money to feature/advertise your services in a booklet?

yep thats wht some one done :(

mufftie
05-04-2011, 03:44 PM
Ooh glad you wernt caught out

clio0602
05-04-2011, 04:07 PM
Oh whats this about? I got called just when I started Childminding from community initiatives that work with the police about my ad in booklet that goes out in area. Money supposedly going towards keeping kids off streets. I said no can't afford it then got called back with someone who just went along the lines that i'd agreed and I never got chance to say otherwise. I ended up with an ad costing £75 that they keep asking for, only gave them £20. Then 6mth later they phoned back thanking me and can I do same again? I said no but again some1 called back talking about the ad I was placing. This time I told him to stop talking and listen and that I wasn't placing an ad so he said ok and put phone down! Is this the same thing? Is it happening alot? Think I missed the thread x

jane5
05-04-2011, 04:42 PM
This will be the same one clio,
they have rang me loads of times and the first time I was going to place the ad but couldn't afford it.:blush:

They kept ringing me asking me to place the ad and now they ring and say "about the add you have in our booklet":laughing:

They always say they are with the police:rolleyes: and now I just laugh and say "yeah whatever" and put the phone down:p :p

miffy
05-04-2011, 04:43 PM
So glad you didn't fall for it!

Miffy xx

snufflepuff
05-04-2011, 04:56 PM
I have had this before! Didn't realise it was a scam though, just didn't have the money (wanted £125 for an ad in a booklet) But thinking about it, they said the booklet goes to every house in the town each November but we certainly didn't get one!

JumpingJacks
05-04-2011, 05:27 PM
I posted about this it's shocking! http://childmindinghelp.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=78870
I have had 4 in about 3 weeks now, one from Warwickshire Police apparently on behalf of the chief constable, my heart missed a beat when he said he was calling on behalf of Warwickshire Police :(

One from the above scammers, one from a local doctors who were creating new cards and wanted me to advertise and one this morning from Forest foundation for children with Cancer- again non existant.

It makes me really angry that people can lie about things to do with childrens illnesses, there are some sick people in the world, Keep your wits about you everyone x

Andrea08
05-04-2011, 05:35 PM
OMG thats SO bad!!

I must have totally missed the post on here tho, never heard of it?!

I not heard of it either, glad you were skint at the time hun n had ya head on the right way so many of us might have fallen for it,

marlee1986
05-04-2011, 05:37 PM
yea mine said they were cambridshire police n they were making a booklet n the constable wants do distribute 1500 of these in the area???,
n when he first said hi marlee im so n so from cambridgeshire police!!! i just think oh no whts wrong, whts happend!!!!
i panicked untill he mentioned marlee's childcare services, i was like sorry no not intrested and he kept sayin so ill put u down for the smaller one and contact you soon if you would like the bigger add i was like no i dnt want it ive heard this is a scam and hung up!!!!

clio0602
05-04-2011, 09:04 PM
Thing is...... I got sent a copy of the magazine and info about membership of the community initiatives programme :rolleyes: car sticker aswell. Very high quality printing and all looked real iykwim

Shocking :eek:

Pauline
05-04-2011, 09:20 PM
If you are ever in doubt with any phone calls you get always ask for their number to phone them back. If they are genuine they will give you a number, you could then check the number with the police before going ahead with anything.

If they won't give you a number - hang up, it will not be genuine. :mad:

Flisspaps
06-04-2011, 12:18 PM
There was also a similar thing last year where they called to say they were the Fire Service, producing a similar publication.