PDA

View Full Version : idea - writing letters

Donkey
24-04-2008, 04:32 PM
Ok, I know I am quite sad, but something has dawned on me. I think that my daughter will never have a proper 'pen pal' so this got me thinking

We would probably only be able to do this with older mindees and we will have to have permission from parents and what not but what about getting mindees to write to each other around the country. we could do it as soon as they put crayon to paper, ;) obv there are the data protection implications but I am sure if parents give permission it should be ok????? the only data we would be disclosing is the childs name as they would come to minders address and go from minders address.

what do you guys think?

miffy
24-04-2008, 04:35 PM
I think Spangles started something similar a while ago - sure someone will explain more soon

miffy xx

sarah707
24-04-2008, 07:14 PM
Quite a few of us already do it... but that would not stop newer members and maybe those who didn't get round to joining in first time round from starting up another group!

Are you offering to organise it flutter?

Spangles put a thread in saying - pm me if you want to join a penpal list. She gave an end date as well. Then she paired off penpals across the country and people pm'd each other for addresses etc.

I was paired with someone on the coast so we get letters from the seaside and my teen mindee has a penpal of her own there - they swap make-up and favourite games on their gameboys etc while the little ones learn about the pier and send their pictures - it's been great fun and a real learning experience.

Go for it if you want to do it! You could pm Spangles for more info - I'm sure she won't mind! :D

angeldelight
24-04-2008, 09:12 PM
Here is the thread started by Lorri

http://childmindinghelp.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=1231&highlight=penpals

Angel xxx

Tatia
25-04-2008, 02:53 PM
Flutterbyes, I'd join up.

Donkey
25-04-2008, 02:59 PM
sent you a pm tatia

casey's mum
18-05-2008, 08:38 AM
Flutterbyes, I would join up too!

Angela xx

Cammie Doodle
18-05-2008, 09:24 AM
Carolyn and I joined and our kids love it , hearing from their penpals and where they live their interest swopping photos etc . All our Parents thought it was a brill idea

ajs
18-05-2008, 09:34 AM
hi flutterbyes

i am just starting to write to hello kitty and her mindees with my 6 yr old mindee
i have her today and i thought it would be a nice relaxing way to ease into the day
first of all she fussed about why we had to write a letter and who was it going to
when i talked to her about the plans and that she would get a letter addressed to her at my house she changed her mind and quite liked the idea

then she fussed about what she would write so i suggested she say her name and her age and what her fave toy was andthat she has a brother and sister etc.
then she asked what now so i said you could say that you've been coming to me since you were a tiny baby and what we do at my house
then she burst into tears and sat with her pen on the paper
now she's gone off in a huff and not talking to me

maybe the last 6 years have meant more to me than to her.

miffy
18-05-2008, 09:36 AM
Why are you working today mandy?

It is Sunday isn't it I haven't forgotten I should be at work too :laughing:

miffy xx

emler
18-05-2008, 09:41 AM
Working?????? On the Sabbath????? :eek: :eek: :eek:

Emler x

ajs
18-05-2008, 10:12 AM
i'm jewish my sabbath is on saturday and yes i worked then too!!!!!

ajs
18-05-2008, 10:12 AM
Working?????? On the Sabbath????? :eek: :eek: :eek:

Emler x

surely you're not meant to access the internet on the Sabbath either emler

emler
18-05-2008, 11:32 AM
:ROFL1: :ROFL1: I couldn't possibly abstain from the forum for a whole 24 hours :eek:

Emler x

polobear1970
18-05-2008, 12:02 PM
Hi Flutterbyes,

i'd be intrested in join too

Lisa