PDA

View Full Version : over or under 5??

mushpea
05-04-2011, 06:16 AM
when children start school here they do two weeks at half days as a settling in period,, for those 2weeks if they are 4yrs old are they classed as a school child/over 5 in our numbers becasue they attend school or would they be classed under 5 in our numbers untill they go full time.

mama2three
05-04-2011, 06:28 AM
I was told they are still 4 , rising 5 clause coming in once they are full time. x

miffy
05-04-2011, 06:40 AM
Agree with Kath - they have to be in full time school or they still count in your under 5's numbers - a real pain when they do a gradual start like this.

Miffy xx

onceinabluemoon
05-04-2011, 06:44 AM
They are not counted as over 5 in our numbers until they are in full time education, ie doing 10 sessions a week (1 in the morning and 1 in the afternoon).

BUt if you ask Ofsted they will probably grant you a variation to cover this as they are aware it causes problems with schools who do long settling in sessions. (I got one last year for this reason)

mushpea
05-04-2011, 07:21 AM
They are not counted as over 5 in our numbers until they are in full time education, ie doing 10 sessions a week (1 in the morning and 1 in the afternoon).

BUt if you ask Ofsted they will probably grant you a variation to cover this as they are aware it causes problems with schools who do long settling in sessions. (I got one last year for this reason)

I dont think I would get one as I have a variation for 4 under 5s 3 days a week already and he is a possible new starter

Mollymop
05-04-2011, 07:32 AM
The school settling in days for raising 5's are always a pain in the bum!