PDA

View Full Version : CSSIW Inspection Framework

webbthomas
04-04-2011, 10:25 PM
I'm in the middle of trying to categorise my policies and procedures :eek:. I have looked at various postings regarding how to sort / organise them but at the moment all the postings I have seen relate to Ofsted and EYFS.

For my Welsh friends out there, do you know what the CSSIW Inspectors use as their 'inspection framework' please as I thought it may be logical to order my polices/procedures, etc under this framework (if it exists).

Otherwise, I'm going to organise them under the new 2011 NMS headings. :idea: What do you think?

Thanks so much for your help :)

tulip0803
04-04-2011, 10:38 PM
I registered with CSSIW a couple of years ago (Had been under OFSTED before that) and was told to organise my policies by NMS for my application. I was advised to buy one of those folders with the clear pockets in & place the sheet of the application in with each NMS, had to photocopy some as they are back to back, and then put all my evidence of how I would meet the standard behind it in the pocket as well as writing on the application sheet. One pocket to a standard IYSWIM.

My own policy folder is arranged how I see that it makes sense and my insp was fine when she came out for my 1st inspection.

webbthomas
04-04-2011, 10:42 PM
Thanks Tulip.
BTW, I'm sure this is a really silly question, but what does IYSWIM stand for? Seen it a lot in this forum! :blush:

tulip0803
04-04-2011, 10:49 PM
Thanks Tulip.
BTW, I'm sure this is a really silly question, but what does IYSWIM stand for? Seen it a lot in this forum! :blush:

If you see what I mean

I had probs with them when I first started too:D

Polly2
05-04-2011, 07:16 AM
I'm in the middle of trying to categorise my policies and procedures :eek:. I have looked at various postings regarding how to sort / organise them but at the moment all the postings I have seen relate to Ofsted and EYFS.

For my Welsh friends out there, do you know what the CSSIW Inspectors use as their 'inspection framework' please as I thought it may be logical to order my polices/procedures, etc under this framework (if it exists).

Otherwise, I'm going to organise them under the new 2011 NMS headings. :idea: What do you think?

Thanks so much for your help :)

I also arrange under the NMS headings :thumbsup:

manjay
05-04-2011, 07:21 AM
I put them what seems like a logical order to me:D . My Inspector has never looked through my policy folder. She relys on me to tell her in my pre inspection paperwork if I have changed any and then she will ask to look at that specific one. All the others she will have seen pre reg so no need to see them again.

Polly2
05-04-2011, 08:01 AM
Actually - thinking about it in my parent pack I put them in alphaetical order! My inspector has never looked either :rolleyes:

webbthomas
05-04-2011, 10:48 AM
Great - thanks everyone for your replies :D

manjay
05-04-2011, 09:39 PM
I like to put my most important ones first as then they are more likely to be read;)

aly
05-04-2011, 10:50 PM
In my parent back they are in no particular order lol...