PDA

View Full Version : Should I report to school or tell parent ?

loobyloo168
04-04-2011, 07:22 PM
Ok so there's a child in my dd's class that I have been asked to look after. Parent hasn't as yet signed paperwork or visited as she's busy working at present her child goes to an after school club.

Anyway today my OH asked I'd my dd had told me about the mercy game which I hadn't been told about.

DD said that this child I'm supposed to look after at some point pushes your head down on the table and when it hurts you has to say mercy mercy to make him stop ! I asked if this happens to her and she said yes then no ! I spoke to her again about it and she said sometimes and said another child it happens to.

What do I do ? Do I mention it to her school teacher or to Childs mum ?

Mum said she had wanted her child to come to me because of the stuff he was picking up from the older children at after school club but now I'm not so sure, Iv seen him at school tanking round pushing people aside and I'm not sure he would be suitable around my other smaller children let alone my dd being surrounded by him all the time ?

Any advice appreciated x

onceinabluemoon
04-04-2011, 07:24 PM
Always follow your gut instincts because they will rattle away at you until you do. x

MAWI
04-04-2011, 07:30 PM
I agree. Go with your gut instinct but that behaviour is clealry unacceptable and personally I would not want the LO's to view that at all.

If you know about it, I would either approach it and ask the questions or leave well alone and dont take on the child.

Good luck

Andrea08
04-04-2011, 07:36 PM
go with your gut hun but also tell the teacher not the parent..

think about it and then tell parent what you have decided,

in the long run this child could well do with the care of a childminder and if you gave him a chance with strict house rules you could trun this child around and be very happy with you, give a 4 week settling in period just incase it doesnt work out but this child needs a different envionment than the after school club is giving him

good luck xxx

Hebs
04-04-2011, 08:40 PM
it sounds like a game we used to play at school, but bending each others hands back :blush:

it too was called Mercy

Blaze
04-04-2011, 09:20 PM
same as Hebs - I had several fingers broken due to refusing to submit!:blush: ...I won though!:D :rolleyes: :blush:

Pipsqueak
04-04-2011, 09:39 PM
it sounds like a game we used to play at school, but bending each others hands back :blush:

it too was called Mercy

ditto

I would tell the teachers

and go with your gut instinct as well

Hebs
05-04-2011, 06:39 AM
same as Hebs - I had several fingers broken due to refusing to submit!:blush: ...I won though!:D :rolleyes: :blush:

:eek: :laughing: :laughing:

what you like :laughing:

miffy
05-04-2011, 06:43 AM
I would report to school as that is where it's happening and let them deal with it.

As for looking after the child, I wouldn't necessarily let it put me off, but how does your dd feel about having this child around every day?

If she is OK with it then I'd consider taking him on for a trial 4 week period and see how you get on but if you have reservations now then don't go ahead.

Miffy xx

blue bear
05-04-2011, 07:29 AM
Never mind for friends or neighbours is my motto, I would consider this a neighbour to your dd and would not have taken it regardless. What if you and parent or child fall out? It leaves your dd in a difficult position.

Talk to the teacher about the mercy 'game' as you would have if parent had not approached you