PDA

View Full Version : Talk to me about your housework routines....

Minstrel
04-04-2011, 05:32 PM
I'm about to go back to CM'ing full time and my week will be very different to last year. For a start I only ever work part time last year so plenty of time to do housework, I now have 3 children instead of two and more mess and clutter than ever!

Any help and tips how to keep on top of the housework whilst minding is much appreciated!

heidicat
04-04-2011, 05:40 PM
Get a cleaner ??! Possibly not the answer you're looking for but I'm dreadful at housework so as soon as I have enough work to justify it, I shall be getting one! I dream of coming home from playgroup to a sparkly shiny house.ee;)

Cazz
04-04-2011, 05:58 PM
:ROFL1: :ROFL1: :ROFL1:

Housework routine :ROFL1: :ROFL1:

Oh sorry - that wasn't a joke?!!

I have Monday's off so I have a thorough clean then and make it my mission to have the washing basket empty by Monday evening. The rest of the working week I get my teenage children to help clear the rest of the toys away when the last mindee goes at 6.00pm and then I run the hoover around and tidy/clean the kitchen.

I then get my youngest child to bed and try to sit down and eat something before doing packed lunches and getting toys/resources out for the next day. Oh, and the downstairs toilet normally gets a clean around 10.00pm!

I then sit down and come on here and facebook which means I don't get to bed until after midnight - this is something I've got to change though because my first mindees arrive at 7.30am so I have to be up early and ready for them.

I seem to manage to stay on top of things (just!) downstairs but upstairs is a different matter. I'll have a good purge some weekends but it's a never ending battle :(

Baildon bears
04-04-2011, 05:58 PM
Magic pixies came to my house last week and tidied my boys bedrooms there amazing :rolleyes:

Minstrel
04-04-2011, 06:11 PM
It's never ending isn't it?

I wonder if blokes ever sit down at work and say to each other 'Now we're both working full time I don't know how I'm going to keep the house clean!' lol

sarah707
04-04-2011, 06:15 PM
My cleaner is the best investment I have ever made!

Before then it was all a bit shabby and hit and miss tbh :D

mushpea
04-04-2011, 06:18 PM
a couple of weeks ago me and my partner and kids had a big row about housework,, I work 6 days a week and ended up spending most of sunday doing the housework,,, we decided that on a saturday we would all do the housework so that its over and done with then we can spend sunday doing whatever we wanted,,, this week it worked and house work was done really quickly, everyone had their own little chores and got on with them meaning I could relax on sunday.
in the week I will put a wash load on before bed and then another when I get up and hang both out before the school run,, my OH does the hovering before he goes to bed each night and I sweep the kitchen floor as and when needed which at the moment is 2-3 times a day as one dog and 2 cats malting means a furry floor!

Tinglesnark
04-04-2011, 06:21 PM
I try to tidy as I go and use the last hour of the day to Hoover. Good luck!

onceinabluemoon
04-04-2011, 06:29 PM
I'm working 12 hour days and am quite honestly far too tired to even think about housework when they go home,

I also have a major problem picking up after people who are sat at screen when I'm working my tush off!

I was going to get a cleaner but the whole CRB things reared its ugly head and then I found out the cleaning agency owner had been discussing my business with one of my parents anyway so I wont be employing them now for confidentiality reasons...

Minstrel
04-04-2011, 07:16 PM
I'm not sure if I could afford a cleaner though wish i could.

Also it seems to be mostly tidying that needs doing, actual cleaning doesn't take very long if the place is tidy but i have a really messy family! (inc me at times i'll admit).

babs
04-04-2011, 07:28 PM
im up at 6 start at 7 - 7.30 every day i get up mop all downstairs (wooden floors n tiles). tidy up as i go in day ie: throw all dishes in dish washer sort end of day. when children go home i start dinner, throw load washing in, dust if it needs doing, do a general clean round, once dinner is over i fill dish washer properly put it on, hoover downstairs, clean downstairs shower room, throw washing in dryer, then have a shower and settle to watch tv or do course work... at weekends i do upstairs but a little everyday helps instead of leaving it all to one day but i can do my house from top to bottom in about 3 hours tops and thats hooving, dusting.. also change beds once a week on wednesday twice if its hot...

grindal
04-04-2011, 07:33 PM
I find it much easier to keep the house tidy in the summer! Now when I get back from the school run we have an outdoor snack and play outside until my mindees are collected at 5pm.
Mindees and DS1 and 2 always help to tidy toys away. I make sure things are put away whenever we go out.
I also have a cleaner once a week :blush:

Minstrel
04-04-2011, 07:56 PM
I'm def one for making sure the children do there share of tidying up and we have set times to do this - before school run, before leaving the house, before a meal, before home time. The rest I will try to keep on top of during the week and blitz at the weekend with help from family which is what most of you (without cleaners!!) seem to do. I think good routine might be the key!

Chimps Childminding
04-04-2011, 08:23 PM
I manage to keep up with the downstairs (most of the time), but upstairs is sadly neglected :panic: Try and tidy as i go during the day, hoover if necessary after lunch etc and wash up lunch things while lo's have a play.

I put washing on first thing and another load before I go to bed which I hang out when I get up in the morning! I struggle with the ironing, I try and get up todate with that on a sunday, but failing that I have a tuesday off at present so if it doesn't get done at the weekend I do it then.

Deep down cleaning has to wait till I get time off :blush: I seem to have so much to do at the week end that I don't seem to get round to that :rolleyes:

amanda1309
04-04-2011, 09:19 PM
I have a cleaner:blush:

But I make the mindees tidy stuff away on a regular basis i.e. before the school runs, before snack and lunch etc. This way the place doesn't look like a bomb site. I do dishes and tidy kitchen when the mindees are eating lunch.

Ironing gets done on an evening whilst watching TV