PDA

View Full Version : minding on a saturday

kel1983
04-04-2011, 04:02 PM
I have been asked my one of my mindes if I would increase my hours and perhaps work a saturdays. I have told her I dont want to work every saturday and she did say she would be able to get her mum to have her on a few of the saturdays.

So does anyone elese mind on a saturday and how is it for you. Do you charge extra?

I dont have children of my own but I do l like to spend the weekends with family and friends. But I suppose I can do that on the Sunday.

Advice needed please guys

phoebe-alice
04-04-2011, 04:15 PM
I thought the same about doing a few weekends out of the month but it really wore me down not having my two days free especially if I had paperwork to catch up with I just seemed to get further behind and really didn't enjoy it.
I now like to keep all my weekends free so I can have time with my partner and family.
When I did do weekends I charged my normal hourly rate although now if someone is dier desperate for care on the weekends I would ask for time and a half. Although that is usually a good deterrent hehe. :laughing:
But do whatever you feel is best for your situation. :)

The Juggler
04-04-2011, 04:16 PM
i would do it as a one off or perhaps as a one in four for a shift worker BUT not every week.

I'd want at least double rate per hour.:)

Pipsqueak
04-04-2011, 04:20 PM
I would charge a min of time and half for a Saturday and only twice in a month - every other Saturday.

Think long and hard before committing to a weekend - this could potentially be encroaching upon valuable family time.

There is only 1 client who I would do this for and only because she fully appreciates me and her child fits into my family as family. The others I would ONLY do as a one off.

pinkbutterfly
04-04-2011, 04:25 PM
I work Saturdays. My normal fee is £5/h but I charge £7/h on Saturday. I work EVERY Saturday. I have hardly any time for my own children and now I'm finding I regret agreeing to this. It's only good if you have another day off .... like Monday so your weekend moves one day. Otherwise working 6 days a week is very tiring.

Toothfairy
04-04-2011, 04:32 PM
I don't work weekends but if I did, I would charge;

Saturday - time and a half
sunday - double time
Bank holidays - double time

HTH :thumbsup:

caz3007
04-04-2011, 04:34 PM
I dont work weekends but one of my mums did ask if I would, she hasnt asked cos I told her it was time and a half. I would do occassional but not every week

mushpea
04-04-2011, 04:42 PM
I work saturdays but only for one child,, he is 1yrold and fits in with everything we do,, saturdays for us is house work day and getting up early to take my daughter horse riding so its not like we do much anyway, as for family i can visit my parents on a sunday and somtimes they come to us friday nigth to saturdays this is the only family we have to visit us.
I charge £3.25ph normaly and on saturdays I charge £5 ph, he is only here till 3.15pm,, the last couple of saturdays she hasnt needed me and I can honestly say it has made no difference wether he is here or not BUT he is an easy happy go lucky child who is happy to fit in,,,, had he turned out to be hardwork then I wouldnt do it.

miffy
04-04-2011, 05:20 PM
I wouldn't work Saturdays - weekends are too precious but if I did I would charge extra - at least time and a half.

Miffy xx

angiemog
05-04-2011, 07:41 AM
I don't have children of my own but I wouldn't work weekends. As a one off in an emergency I would do it. I need my weekends, to catch up with cleaning, paperwork, my friends and also to spend time with my husband. I can have a lay in if I need/want to, I can also stay up later knowing I don't have to get up early. Working 5 full days is enough for me but everyone's situation is different. If I needed extra money then I possibly would do it short term. x