04-04-2011, 12:13 PM
http://wales.gov.uk/docs/dcells/publications/110331childcarestanden.pdf

For your information :thumbsup:

manjay
04-04-2011, 12:44 PM
Not the smallest document to print out is it:rolleyes:

Polly2
04-04-2011, 12:51 PM
I know - bit bigger than the last lot! :rolleyes: I wonder if CSSIW will send out hard copies?

manjay
04-04-2011, 12:54 PM
I know - bit bigger than the last lot! :rolleyes: I wonder if CSSIW will send out hard copies?

They might have to! I am sure there will be lots who don't even know a new set has been issued;) I quite like the way it is set out and shows which NMS relates to which regulation. Much better than the scrappy bit of paper I had last time.

Think it might be a good idea to move this post as it is the vacancies section:D

Polly2
04-04-2011, 12:55 PM
Oh really :laughing: silly me!!

aly
04-04-2011, 01:08 PM
only 54 pages :rolleyes:

thanks for this x x

Ms WG
04-04-2011, 03:28 PM
Smashing - hope there's an e-book to follow :-)

webbthomas
04-04-2011, 04:00 PM
I just love this forum :) - CSSIW said this document wouldn't be available for review until end of May 2011:laughing: so it's great for me as I'm right in the middle of preparing my application for CSSIW.

One particular question - can anyhow help please ...

7.10 The principles of the Foundation Phase and its seven areas of learning are understood and applied in a way appropriate to the age, abilities and stage of development of children in their care and the nature of the provision.

Have I misunderstood this statement :blush: or am I correct in reading that the Foundation Phase is compulsory in Wales for registered childminders and our learning journals / observations should be specifically structured against the Foundation Phase principles?

Thanks very much.

manjay
04-04-2011, 04:34 PM
I just love this forum :) - CSSIW said this document wouldn't be available for review until end of May 2011:laughing: so it's great for me as I'm right in the middle of preparing my application for CSSIW.

One particular question - can anyhow help please ...

7.10 The principles of the Foundation Phase and its seven areas of learning are understood and applied in a way appropriate to the age, abilities and stage of development of children in their care and the nature of the provision.

Have I misunderstood this statement :blush: or am I correct in reading that the Foundation Phase is compulsory in Wales for registered childminders and our learning journals / observations should be specifically structured against the Foundation Phase principles?

Thanks very much.

Foundation Phase isn't complusory for childminders in Wales (unless you are accredited to deliver Early Years Education). However it is good practice to have a sound knowledge of it so your observations, planning & next steps are appropriate.

manjay
04-04-2011, 04:42 PM
What does everyone think of them? I have only had a quick look but some parts look much more indepth than before. I like the way that they are requiring you to have knowledge of other legislation and policies like the UNCRC, WAG's safeguarding children guidance and the Food and Health Guidelines!

Polly2
04-04-2011, 04:58 PM
What does everyone think of them? I have only had a quick look but some parts look much more indepth than before. I like the way that they are requiring you to have knowledge of other legislation and policies like the UNCRC, WAG's safeguarding children guidance and the Food and Health Guidelines!

I agree! also like the boxes in blue - very helpful when writing policies to see which bits apply to where.

jelly15
04-04-2011, 06:20 PM
I have been registered for 18 months now and I have a big file with all my original standards policies and procedures etc and my inspector also has a copy, now do I have to rewrite/amended this paperwork and send a copy to my inspector :( .

webbthomas
05-04-2011, 06:13 AM
http://wales.gov.uk/docs/cssiw/publications/110401guidanceen.pdf

Found this document on CSSIW website last night which is really useful for people who are registered, or who in the process of becoming registered with CSSIW (that's me!). It a transitional guidance document in respect of the change in the legislations - nicely summarised, only 4 pages :)

JaxV
16-04-2011, 02:46 PM
Foundation Phase isn't complusory for childminders in Wales (unless you are accredited to deliver Early Years Education). However it is good practice to have a sound knowledge of it so your observations, planning & next steps are appropriate.

I apologise for my ignorance but do you mean the EYFS? I'm in Wales and didnt know this, where can I find out more information? Thank you :)

manjay
16-04-2011, 02:50 PM
I apologise for my ignorance but do you mean the EYFS? I'm in Wales and didnt know this, where can I find out more information? Thank you :)

In Wales it is The Foundation Phase not EYFS.

Lots of information here (http://wales.gov.uk/topics/educationandskills/earlyyearshome/foundation_phase/?lang=en)

Hope that helps

amanda x

JaxV
16-04-2011, 02:51 PM
In Wales it is The Foundation Phase not EYFS.

Lots of information here (http://wales.gov.uk/topics/educationandskills/earlyyearshome/foundation_phase/?lang=en)

Hope that helps

amanda x

Thats very helpful thank you! :thumbsup:

cherry
27-04-2011, 05:14 PM
The NCMA have added this onto the bottom of their Safeguarding policy.

Wales

National Minimum Standards

PLEASE NOTE – new National Minimum Standards for childminders in Wales came into force on 1st April 2011. Childminders will need to ensure they are meeting the 2010 Childminding and Day Care Regulations and the 2011 National Minimum Standards.

2011 National Minimum Standards
Child Protection – Standard 20
Children are protected from harm and abuse and parents are confident that all possible steps to protect children from abuse are taken.

(Previously ‘Standard 18’: Child Protection in 2002 Standards)
Parents have the confidence that the childminder takes all reasonable steps to protect children from harm.

18.1 The childminder draws up and implements a child protection policy which links into the arrangements of the local Area Child Protection Committee [now Local Safeguarding Children Board (LSCB)] and ensures that any adults working and looking after children are able to put the policy into practice.

18.2 The childminder is aware of the appropriate local Area Child Protection Committee [now Local Safeguarding Children Board (LSCB)] guidance or procedures on child protection, and knows whom to contact if concerned about a child.

18.3 The childminder records any concerns and reports them according to the procedures and without delay. This will include notifying the CSSIW.

18.4 The childminder is aware of the following categories of abuse - physical abuse, physical neglect, emotional abuse and sexual abuse.

18.5 The childminder ensures that any concerns are kept confidential to as few people as need to know about them.