PDA

View Full Version : Fire drills

Tatia
24-04-2008, 02:12 PM
Somebody (I'm so sorry, can't remember who:( ) wrote a while ago that they (she and minder friends) text each other randomly to do fire drills so that they get the benefit of practicing as well. I thought that was a fabulous idea so I'm gonna ask several minder friends if they want to do this with me. Well, my husband heard me talking about it and has volunteered to do all 4 of us once a month! He will text us randomly saying "fire in front of house" or "fire in back of house" and once we are out safely, we'll text him saying "out of house" and then he'll let us know how much time we took.:laughing: Not sure if others are on board yet but I have been warned to expect my first surprise drill sometime when it's raining. :rolleyes: :laughing:

miffy
24-04-2008, 02:16 PM
Oh it was me - fancy not remembering :laughing:

It did impress the inspector and it's a good exercise to test yourself as well

I'm flattered you are going to use the idea too

miffy xx

ma7ie
24-04-2008, 02:18 PM
What a good idea. Won't be asking my husband though. He'd definately wait until it was raining just so he could have a giggle.:D

Tatia
24-04-2008, 02:18 PM
I'm flattered you are going to use the idea too
You mean steal it?:ROFL1:

It's a fantastic idea. I may pretend to my friends I came up with it on my own and get credit for being so clever!:D

nell57
24-04-2008, 02:24 PM
OOhhh that is a good idea, can I pinch it too:D

We have had a unexpected fire drill today, the smoke alarm went of as I was cooking sausages, the children did an excelent job evacuating the house( I did take the sausages off the heat else we not of had any dinner):D they all stayed calm and did not panick, I'm reallly proud of them

Helen

miffy
24-04-2008, 05:21 PM
You mean steal it?:ROFL1:

It's a fantastic idea. I may pretend to my friends I came up with it on my own and get credit for being so clever!:D

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Better hope they don't join the forum then!

miffy xx

angeldelight
24-04-2008, 07:49 PM
Miffy can be a bit naughty sometimes

But she does have some brilliant ideas

Well done Miffy

Angel xx

jordanann
28-04-2008, 09:55 AM
What a fab idea, think i might steal it too :blush: :blush:

Love Lisa
xx xx xx

ruby
28-04-2008, 10:20 AM
good idea will definitely pich it if you don't mind

got the fire service coming out friday to an inspection check smoke alarms etc

cathy

tiny.toes
23-05-2008, 01:29 PM
That is a great idea

and it works improved the children getting out the house sensibly.

that and the smoke alarm going off yesturday because of burnt toast and all the older children made their way to back of the garden, i dont say anything just followed them with Faith and praised them.

did laugh when i told partner later as he just saw the end of the unsceduled extra drilll and turned the alarm off.lol

thank you miffy:clapping:

mum22
23-05-2008, 02:03 PM
I use a spare smoke alarm with battery that i can hide and press when children the children are engrossed and cant see it-

it gives the game away when i have to take the chair and stand on it under the smoke alarm.

x helen

cherryt
23-05-2008, 04:30 PM
Now that is a good idea, will get my hubby to do the text fire drill for me :thumbsup:

flora
23-05-2008, 06:41 PM
We did a fire drill today, mianly cos the eldest two were upstairs and ignoring my calls to come down for a snack.

So I grabbed my tin and wooden spoon and yelled " fire"

I was impressed with how quickly they came down, they did get marked down as they were laughing like drains and shouting fire like a couple of idiots :D They did walk though :thumbsup:

Not sure they take it too seriously :blush:

miss muffit
23-05-2008, 06:51 PM
what a great idea, my i steal it as well please :)

miffy
25-05-2008, 03:16 PM
Steal away Kaz :)

miffy xx

ajs
25-05-2008, 04:58 PM
i'm going to steal it too miffy but you're going to have to be the one to text me as none of my friends will.

thanks
m xxxx

miffy
25-05-2008, 08:14 PM
i'm going to steal it too miffy but you're going to have to be the one to text me as none of my friends will.

thanks
m xxxx

That is mean of your friends mandy - of course I will

How often are you going to have a fire?

miffy xx

ajs
25-05-2008, 09:14 PM
That is mean of your friends mandy - of course I will

How often are you going to have a fire?

miffy xx

oh maybe once a month to start with but please not this week, we're going to be out lots this week i think.
anything not to make my newly clean house dirty
thanks though it will be much appreciated i'm sure

miffy
25-05-2008, 10:06 PM
OK - will surprise you soon

miffy xx