PDA

View Full Version : cancelling contract

nb73
04-04-2011, 08:43 AM
Please could anyone advise me. I had two contracts signed to look after children commencing 9th May (2 siblings). However, I am still not registered, so cannot hand my notice in at work so had to tell the parent I cannot take on their children, and it would not be cost effective at this time to take them on(was due to have one child 4 days, the other 1 day a week but only until end of aug). Obviously neither of us very happy, I am now writing them a letter to confirm termination of contract, is this the right thing to do? I hadn't been paid the deposit yet. Any advice would be grateful, thanks x

Pipsqueak
04-04-2011, 08:51 AM
you have a month yet.

Start chasing up your registration - where abouts are you in the process? Start jumping up and down with the relevant people telling them you are having to let people down due to their slowness in processing applications, they are losing you valuable work and reputation blah blah...

If you feel you must cancel the contract then yes you need to write to the client confirming this.

NI MINDER
04-04-2011, 09:27 AM
I would definitely side with pipsqueak - contact the relevant people involved and tell them that if you dont get registration completed you have to turn away potential mindees. Usually if you ring your paperwork is pulled out and should get you put through a bit faster.
Not totally sure how you work in England but here in Northern Ireland we have a named social worker and everything is done through her.

Mollymop
04-04-2011, 09:39 AM
A letter to terminate the contract is sufficent. Keep a copy for yourself and pop it in the file with your copy of contract.
Hope you get your registration through soon x