PDA

View Full Version : which one cant decide

welshcake
03-04-2011, 09:07 PM
Right i have a P&T but tbh it hurts my back, i have taken on an assistant and i will have 2 x 9 months, 1 x 17 months, 1 x 21 months, 1 x 26mths so i need to buy another double pram.

I have found a jane powertwin in excellent condition £100

and

First wheels city twin £100 also excellent condition

both are good buys but which one should i go for. I had a jane powertwin before with my own but i still cant remember what it was like as it was that long ago.

please help anyone with pros and cons.

Mouse
03-04-2011, 09:17 PM
I have the Jane Powertwin Pro, which is OK, but not one that I'd rave about. I got it mainly so I could add the surfer board, but with 3 children it was impossible to push & I couldn't get on with the board at all. I also attached a buggy pod to it, which was OK, but not great. Of course, the advantage is that it's a tandem, so easily fits through doors.

I've also got a First Wheels City single and love it. I would have liked the double in it, but got the feeling it was very wide. No way would it fit through my front door or side gate.

If size was no issue, I'd go for the First Wheels :thumbsup:

phoebe-alice
03-04-2011, 09:22 PM
Right i have a P&T but tbh it hurts my back, i have taken on an assistant and i will have 2 x 9 months, 1 x 17 months, 1 x 21 months, 1 x 26mths so i need to buy another double pram.

I have found a jane powertwin in excellent condition £100

and

First wheels city twin £100 also excellent condition

both are good buys but which one should i go for. I had a jane powertwin before with my own but i still cant remember what it was like as it was that long ago.

please help anyone with pros and cons.

I have to say I find my jane powertwin constantly was getting punctures and leaving me stuck as its a nightmare to push on a flat tyre, so it has joined the buggy graveyard in my loft hehe :laughing: but the first wheels city twin looks really nice my friend has one and swears by it.
I hope you get the one which will be just right for you. :)

welshcake
04-04-2011, 06:55 AM
thanks still undecided think more advice is needed to make a full decision.

I am swaying towards the city twin tbh.

she says £120 or nearest offer and it is 6 months old. she said make me an offer you never know so not sure what to offer etc. not seen either but both are a bargain. i have the p&t so was tempted to go for side by side for a change.

I have had a mountain buggy side by side thou and i think anything from that i will be disapointed with. x

sarah707
04-04-2011, 07:38 AM
I have the mothercare side by side and while it's a bit wide it's very very easy to push :D

sweets
04-04-2011, 07:49 AM
I have the powertwin and love it!

so easy to push, ive got a lascal maxi buggy board attached to it which works great, yes it is a bit heavy to get goin with 3 children on board but its bound to be! lol

ive never had a puncture :thumbsup: