PDA

View Full Version : Dog poo!

buzzy bee
03-04-2011, 05:05 PM
I usually have a 'shoes off' rule in my house, but recently I've let it slip as we've been in the garden lots... earlier we'd been for a walk and I realised my son has walked in dog poo and has been walking in the house.

What would you do? I feel so paranoid that it's all over the carpets (although I can't see any). Would you clean all the carpets etc? And could any of the kids get really poorly / go blind if they find even a tiny bit?

onceinabluemoon
03-04-2011, 05:17 PM
Personally yes I would shampoo the carpets but I am really funny about dog poo.

But, your child is more likely to come into contact with the threadworm eggs that cause the problems walking down by the park and falling over onto the mud than he is to catch it off your carpet so try not to panic too much.

The Toxocara canis larvae can cause blindness and asthma and other allergic reactions so yes to your question they really can make a child very ill.

mushpea
03-04-2011, 05:34 PM
this probaly sounds funny but I would go around the carpets on hands and knees sniffing, if yyou can smell it clean it ,
I hate people who are too lazy to pick up their dog poo , we clear up after our dog but you can garuntee its either my children or one of the mindees that will step in somonesles. although with the older ones if I have said mind the poo and they walk in it then their shoes dont come in my house and when parents turn up I let them clean it of their shoes,,

Allie
03-04-2011, 05:44 PM
I keep a small carpet cleaner just for this as I once had to scrub down the hall and up the stairs when darling daughter walked it in despite my no shoes rule:angry:

Allie

PixiePetal
03-04-2011, 06:11 PM
I keep a small carpet cleaner just for this as I once had to scrub down the hall and up the stairs when darling daughter walked it in despite my no shoes rule:angry:

Allie

I have a hand held rechargeable bissell cleaner for odd clean up jobs and a bigger upright one for whole rooms - did the dining room carpet yesterday :thumbsup: