PDA

View Full Version : costs and paper work

kriscross
02-04-2011, 08:13 PM
hi to all im booked on my pre registration on april 4th so excited but nervous, how ever ive just got a few questions which i hope you can all help me with.

Do i have to go to my docs for a medical and do i have to pay for this my self?
Do i have to pay for a CRB check for my self and for my partner i lve with?
Do i have to pay for all checks or do i get it paid for me?
Where do i even start getting paper work and policies in place

Really wanting to become a childminder just worried about the expense of starting up, ive got a little boy aged 19 months so have alot of things in place all ready im aware il have to buy new items but does this money come out of my pocket yet again.
help plz xxx

Chatterbox Childcare
02-04-2011, 09:02 PM
hi to all im booked on my pre registration on april 4th so excited but nervous, how ever ive just got a few questions which i hope you can all help me with.

Do i have to go to my docs for a medical and do i have to pay for this my self?

yes and yes and I have known it to be anything from £25 to £125

Do i have to pay for a CRB check for my self and for my partner i lve with?

No Ofsted pay for both of you

Do i have to pay for all checks or do i get it paid for me?

apart from the above, what other checks?

Where do i even start getting paper work and policies in place

Think you should wait for your course as you will get your guidance from there

Really wanting to become a childminder just worried about the expense of starting up, ive got a little boy aged 19 months so have alot of things in place all ready im aware il have to buy new items but does this money come out of my pocket yet again.

You are self employed and as with any business, you will incur costs which should be quickly recouped once you are earning
help plz xxx

Welcome to the land of childminding

Since the EYFS came into place the standard of requirements has gone up for childcare and therefore we have to do more but in my opinion it is worth it