PDA

View Full Version : Observations

mumtodaniel
24-04-2008, 01:27 PM
Hi, As lots of you have suggested, I am going to keep a folder for each child to include their observations, along with photos etc, drawings etc.

However, I did intend to give the folder to the parent when they leave. As I won't be inspected for another three years and may not have the same children, would you just show the current folders you have at the time, or would you take copies of what you have done as well.

Also, are you meant to give your observations to anyone other that the parents, ie. school etc. If so, would you then need to keep a separate book, other than their scrap book.

Maureen

sarah707
24-04-2008, 01:52 PM
I keep a copy as evidence of what I do for my records...

I will share with other settings if requested but not give them anything, just share...

The originals are for parents :D

ma7ie
24-04-2008, 01:53 PM
I was just thinking about this the other day. Thanks Sarah.

mumtodaniel
24-04-2008, 05:07 PM
Yes thanks, will do the same.

I rang Ofsted to ask about obs in September for after school children still in reception, and she put me on hold and checked, and told me I wouldn't need to, it was up to me. Might get this checked out in writing to be on safe side, nearer the time.

sarah707
24-04-2008, 07:02 PM
I rang Ofsted to ask about obs in September for after school children still in reception, and she put me on hold and checked, and told me I wouldn't need to, it was up to me. Might get this checked out in writing to be on safe side, nearer the time.

The eyfs says that we have to show we are meeting the requirements of the eyfs for all children under the statutory age.

I intend to do a list of their routine which is pretty much standard and shows just how much of eyfs I am meeting with them... then the odd obs and photo to show other things like games they enjoy or creative things they get involved with.

This way, I'll be able to keep it simple and do as much or as little as I want :D

miffy
24-04-2008, 07:04 PM
I keep a copy as evidence of what I do for my records...

I will share with other settings if requested but not give them anything, just share...

The originals are for parents :D

I agree - then you will have proof for Ofsted

miffy xx

mumtodaniel
24-04-2008, 07:09 PM
thanks, that what I will do as well, until they finish reception.

Maureen