PDA

View Full Version : Monthly Newsletter

handeme
02-04-2011, 09:51 AM
Do any of you do this for the parents?

It is something I am wanting to do on a monthly basis to send out with my invoice and I just wondered if anyone had any examples I could look at?

Thanks

x

cherry
02-04-2011, 12:10 PM
Here's one off the Bromley site

http://www.bromleycma.org.uk/policies/Sample_Newsletter_2.pdf

jumpinjen
02-04-2011, 02:29 PM
I make mine in a word document with different shapes with writing inside them....

I put things like:
things the children are enjoying at the moment
things I have planned for the nest month
any policy updates
any dates like bank holidays, my holidays etc
requests for junk modelling materials/tesco vouchers etc
new resources we have acquired
reminders about coming on time etc
training I have completed

HTH, Jen x

Newbie1!
02-04-2011, 02:46 PM
I do mine three monthly, mainly because most of my mindees are very part time (as in one morning a week/ one afternoon etc) and so I find that there isnt much to say every month. Mine includes:-

Reminders - about things such as fees, holidays, appropriate clothing etc
A birthday list of whose birthday is coming up then piccies of a bday cake and wishing them happy bday
An overview of exciting things weve done since last newsletter
Info on courses I have attended and notes that I think may be useful to parents
Brief listing of calendar dates (mothers day, easter etc)
Pics of the kids on outings etc (permission allowing)

Last month I managed to get discount vouchers from my local soft play to give to parents so I also did a little article about them and attached a voucher for each parent.

I also use my newsletters to "warn" parents about things that may be coming up - the last newsletter I sent had a brief note about the fact that the following month there would be questionnaires coming out that I needed completing. xxx

georgie456
02-04-2011, 08:07 PM
I do a quarterly newsletter : winter, spring, summer and autumn. I put info such as training I have attended, diary dates, holiday dates and an overview of things that have happened since the last newsletter. I also put info on the themes I will be covering over the next 3 months and invite parents to contribute with ideas.
I have always had a really good response to the newsletters and I think most parents actually read them!

Penny1959
02-04-2011, 08:45 PM
A lot of mine are on my website if you want to look www.*********************

I also print them out for parents using my service - I find parents do read them - for example when I mentioned the childrenwould need wellies for our Forest Experiences - they all brought wellies - and most of them a pair to stay here:clapping:

Penny :)

karensmart4
03-04-2011, 03:22 PM
I used to do monthly newsletters but it seemed to come round so fast, and to be honest I think if you do them too often parents don't bother to read them.

I now do mine to the seasons, with very much the same as the other minders on here in them;

Good news
Birthdays
Bank Holidays
Training
Themes and topics
Reminders of certain policies
Etc.

Flisspaps
04-04-2011, 10:30 AM
My first one has gone up on my website this month - www.lauradoranchildminding.moonfruit.com

I made it in publisher, then downloaded a free pdf converter and stuck it on as a pdf so that anyone viewing can't save it, alter it and then say that I wrote it <paranoid>, same as the policy and procedure docs on there.

Andrea08
04-04-2011, 11:12 AM
hi i do term/season news letters and add clip art and notices info etc, parents enjoy getting them and we try to encourage the children to involve parets with the activities we have done and talk about what we have planned,

im about to start another news letter and was thinking of changing the format as it looks a bit formal atm.

i asked parents if they would like to see photoes of their own children in the news letter and got a mixed reaction, so decided against it so not to upset any1.

ive notved if im having difficulty inforcing a policy if i add it to the news letter as a gentle reminder i get better reactions and it saves having that parent chatt!!

once you start doing newsletters it gets easier and i enjoy doing them now and involve the older mindees too x