PDA

View Full Version : Planning !!

handeme
01-04-2011, 05:35 PM
Well after all the trainging that I have done, I have in my mind plan plan plan. Monthly topics and lots of creative and messy time.

Well my 1 year old mindee is not interested at all, wont play with play dough, won't do anything creative. If i sit to play with him on the floor he just walks off.

Can anyone help with my planning, ideas, tips etc??

c x

Dragonfly
01-04-2011, 06:02 PM
Read thread Guilty secret! :blush: I would say at such a young age plan for their every day needs and gradually include other things as they get a bit older, not every young child is intrested in play doh and messy play.I bet his happy playing with toys (any favorite?) and cuddling up for stories, nursery rhymes?

Lots of training might be good, but in practice it doesnt always go to plan.Im sure you are doing your best and his happy and cared for well.

jumpinjen
01-04-2011, 06:06 PM
Effective planning has to start with observation.... so watch your Lo and see what he/she IS playing with/looking at/doing then plan to extend that or provide more for that...... planning should follow the child and to do that you have to watch them and see what they need! Hope that helps, Jen x

Flisspaps
01-04-2011, 06:11 PM
The planning I am doing for my mindee (10mo) involves:

Make sure the baby walker is out (she's just learned to push it along)
Lift the flap books
Play peekaboo with her teddy hiding behind things
Musical instruments (maracas, tambourine)
Play clapping games (pat-a-cake)
Messy play after lunch (yoghurt on the table mat which she can make marks in)

The Juggler
01-04-2011, 06:14 PM
Well after all the trainging that I have done, I have in my mind plan plan plan. Monthly topics and lots of creative and messy time.

Well my 1 year old mindee is not interested at all, wont play with play dough, won't do anything creative. If i sit to play with him on the floor he just walks off.

Can anyone help with my planning, ideas, tips etc??

c x

when he is interested and playing hon, leave him to it. observe, make notes. see what he is doing in his play and plan lots of resources which will enable him to practice/do similar type of things.

Plan new experiences, well for messy play maybe something where he is not sat at a table, perhaps cornflour or sand outdoors then he can walk off freely whenever but return as he wishes??? water painting with brushes outdoors.

dont worry to much if he wants to play on his own, that is a great thing just be close to help with frustrations and to model language.

Baildon bears
01-04-2011, 06:19 PM
If I put playdo out for my one year old he would just eat it, he loves a pile of news paper to rip though, and sauce pans to bang. He also loves popping bubbles. think simple.

handeme
01-04-2011, 06:23 PM
i was just worried that i have been told ofsted look for monthly, yearly planning topics and how on earth am i supposed to do that with a 1 year old who just wants to do his own thing?

say april the topic would be easter, how would you incorporate this into a 1 year olds planning?

c x

Flisspaps
01-04-2011, 06:26 PM
From what I've seen on here, Ofsted aren't keen on topics for under 3s.

But if you really wanted, you could maybe do an easter themed treasure bag (bunny, chick, something egg shaped?) or play some loosely Easter themed songs (chick chick chicken?)?

miffy
01-04-2011, 08:56 PM
i was just worried that i have been told ofsted look for monthly, yearly planning topics and how on earth am i supposed to do that with a 1 year old who just wants to do his own thing?

say april the topic would be easter, how would you incorporate this into a 1 year olds planning?

c x

You don't need to do that for a 1year old - just find out what they like to do and build on that - ask parents what they like to play with/do at home too.

Miffy xx

handeme
02-04-2011, 07:47 AM
Great, thank you.

I have been planning weekly, where we will go, what play groups etc so is that sufficent?

miffy
02-04-2011, 07:51 AM
Great, thank you.

I have been planning weekly, where we will go, what play groups etc so is that sufficent?

You could do that on a weekly routines sheet to save keeping writing it out :)

You can use your routines (weekly and daily) to show how you are meeting the EYFS.

Miffy xx