PDA

View Full Version : Big Thank you to my CSSIW Inspector

Mel_Johnson
01-04-2011, 08:37 AM
I am finally registered after it taking over a year to sort out. I only had one thing outstanding but found out on Weds that if I didn't get registered by Thursday then I would have to follow the new requirements which meant my first aid coruse had to been before I could get my certifcate. But my very kind CSSIW Inspector pulled out all the stops and dispite being a meeting all morning I was registered by lunch time.

So to all those who are currently in theprocess of registering I know it sometimes feels like they are making your life hell but they really are there to help you and as in my case go the extra mile.

Thanks very much :) Just need mindees now!!

Mouse
01-04-2011, 09:00 AM
:clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

Fingers crossed you get some mindees very soon :thumbsup:

manjay
01-04-2011, 09:05 AM
Really pleased for you:thumbsup:

My inspector is fab too. Much better when you have a good one:D

Hope you get some mindees soon x

webbthomas
04-04-2011, 04:04 PM
Mel
I read your posting with interest as I'm in the process of registering with CSSIW :)
Specifically, are there new regs/requirements with regards to First Aid training from April 2011 then??
Thanks.
Petra

I am finally registered after it taking over a year to sort out. I only had one thing outstanding but found out on Weds that if I didn't get registered by Thursday then I would have to follow the new requirements which meant my first aid coruse had to been before I could get my certifcate. But my very kind CSSIW Inspector pulled out all the stops and dispite being a meeting all morning I was registered by lunch time.

So to all those who are currently in theprocess of registering I know it sometimes feels like they are making your life hell but they really are there to help you and as in my case go the extra mile.

Thanks very much :) Just need mindees now!!

manjay
04-04-2011, 04:47 PM
Mel
I read your posting with interest as I'm in the process of registering with CSSIW :)
Specifically, are there new regs/requirements with regards to First Aid training from April 2011 then??
Thanks.
Petra

Reading the new NMS it says that childminders must have undertaken training in First Aid which implies that it should be done before registration.

Mel_Johnson
07-04-2011, 11:29 AM
I've only just seen this. My inspector told me that the first aid training must be done before you can be register now.

webbthomas
07-04-2011, 11:38 AM
Thanks Mel_Johnson and Manjay - booked myself on for First Aid courses in May.:) It seems like an eternity from when I started this whole process to fulfill my ambitions of becoming a childminder to when I can realistically be registered ... remaining enthusiastic though and resigned to more obstacles to come :laughing: ! Thank goodness for forums like this one :thumbsup:

manjay
07-04-2011, 11:42 AM
Thanks Mel_Johnson and Manjay - booked myself on for First Aid courses in May.:) It seems like an eternity from when I started this whole process to fulfill my ambitions of becoming a childminder to when I can realistically be registered ... remaining enthusiastic though and resigned to more obstacles to come :laughing: ! Thank goodness for forums like this one :thumbsup:

It took me 12 months from my briefing session to getting my certificate. Lots of trials and tribulations along the way and I was on maternity leave so I wasn't pushing it as much as I could have done. What I will say though is that I am so glad I stuck with it as now 3 and a half years later I have the best job in the world. It has it's ups and downs but I get to be at home for my children coming home from school and I also have time to complete a degree. None of which would have been possible if I had stayed in my last job.

Keep positive

amanda x

alihatherall
12-04-2011, 09:42 AM

Where are you doing your first aid course in May? I was just waiting for insurance to come through as part of the NCMA quality start package and my inspector gave me to the 13th to get the paper work to her (posted form on 24th March, still not insured), but then she wrote again saying cos of new regs I now need to do the 1st aid - she is letting me do this without changing my p&ps which is a good :phew: BUT can;t find anywhere local doing it soon. I'm doing a First Response 1st aid course at the end of May as part of my adult leader qual for the Brownies, but felt this was such a long time away I might end up having to redo p&ps. :panic:

Mel_Johnson
12-04-2011, 09:58 AM
Not sure where you live but Crown training acadmey in swansea run a first aid course every friday that is recongised by CSSIW it was £55 +vat (I think) for the intensive 1 day course. It was recongised by CSSIW as acceptable but that was before the new regs. They also do the pediatric 2 day course which is accepted by both ofsted and CSSIW, it's a bit more money, not much tho. They could book me in within 2 weeks. There phone number is 01792 561273. They do have a centre in Cardiff too.

HTH

Mel

webbthomas
12-04-2011, 12:09 PM
Where are you doing your first aid course in May? I was just waiting for insurance to come through as part of the NCMA quality start package and my inspector gave me to the 13th to get the paper work to her (posted form on 24th March, still not insured), but then she wrote again saying cos of new regs I now need to do the 1st aid - she is letting me do this without changing my p&ps which is a good :phew: BUT can;t find anywhere local doing it soon. I'm doing a First Response 1st aid course at the end of May as part of my adult leader qual for the Brownies, but felt this was such a long time away I might end up having to redo p&ps. :panic:

Hi Alihatherall
I'm doing my First Aid course in Newport on 14th and 21st May. It's arranged by Newport Family Information Service and although I'm not registered yet, I can go on the course because I'm a member of Wales PPA. If you're registered the Family Information Services may be able to help you with courses, etc. Hope this is of some help.
Petra