PDA

View Full Version : boys who bite

nat nat
31-03-2011, 10:00 PM
Hi (new member) hoping to find advice.
Ive been childminding for over 3 years now and have now come across a situation between children I look after which Ive never experienced before. Two boys aged 2 (just) who do not get along and at times are very physical with one another, one just invades space and is 'hands on' and the other bites, some days I am sending them home with marks or bites from incidents I have not been able to stop, I am on top of it most of the time but also have other children to tend to and will often find its the minute my back is turned something will happen, even when they are occupied. Its frustrating for me and Im sure upsetting for the parents!! HELP!! Any suggestions please :panic:

sarah707
01-04-2011, 06:49 AM
I have made a little photo book for a child I care for who struggles with personal space.

The book looks at him, his friends here, adults here etc and says that they all have personal space around them.

it talks about what happens when personal space is invaded... when it's ok to give someone a hug... etc.

You could make something similar. We read it every single time there is an incident, calmly and quietly once it's all calmed down.

It has really helped :D