PDA

View Full Version : Hey just a thought....

Rach30
24-04-2008, 10:46 AM
I've just thought if you only cared for children over 5 you wouldn't have to bother with EYFS :D But you'd have the pain of afterschoolers :panic: Fors and againsts on both sides i reckon :laughing:

avril
24-04-2008, 10:49 AM
Just after schoolers you would have your days to yourself too!!! :jump for joy: Except for the school holidays, maybe:(

My friend just minds before/after school and not even in the holidays as she holidays abroad in her apartment!!

Avril x:)

Tatia
24-04-2008, 11:00 AM
I do both so have the pain of both!:jump for joy:

sarah707
24-04-2008, 11:05 AM
After schoolers have their own challenges... :eek: Love 'em really! :D

hello kitty
24-04-2008, 11:56 AM
I have adjusted my children so I have mainly under 5's and only 1 before/after school and I find it so much nicer. It is certainly much calmer. Didn't think about EYFS before I changed everything - oh well I'll get it sorted no doubt.

Rubybubbles
24-04-2008, 11:58 AM
I do both so have the pain of both!:jump for joy:

:laughing: snap

Alibali
24-04-2008, 12:09 PM
I've stopped with after schoolers, as I find it really difficult to juggle it all. I think it is easier to do either /or rather than both, but I hadn't fully weighed up the pros of doing after schoolers instead Mmmmmm, I wonder...........

Ali xx

John
24-04-2008, 10:04 PM
I won't be planning for after school children as they do there own thing, i know my three after school children like doing their own things. I have done planning before and it didn't work out, all the children want to do when finnish school is to chill out as the children had anothe of planned work. So i will ask the children what they would like to do when i pick them up. As everything is at hand is the children would like to chill, art work, park, or ten pin bowling etc.

John.

angeldelight
24-04-2008, 10:08 PM
I know just what you mean John

Angel xx

Twinkles
25-04-2008, 01:01 PM
I was thinking the other day, maybe I could only have children in the holidays and have term time off :D

I quite like the older ones ( no nappies or toilet training )

Not sure if DH would go for that one though :(

Tatia
25-04-2008, 02:19 PM
After schoolers have their own challenges
Don't they just!:rolleyes:

I'm set up quite nicely at the moment in that both my LOs are gone before after-schoolers get here (or just as they get here anyway). So I dont have to mix the ages. Well, except for my DD, who just bosses the older ones around and they treat her like a princess.:rolleyes:

I don't plan every day for after-schoolers. Just when there's a b-day or a holiday we want to celebrate, I'll have activity on offer for whoever wants to participate. And there's always drawing, painting and stuff on hand if they feel creative. Mostly, they like the Playstation, telly or garden. Can't say as I blame them!