PDA

View Full Version : mothers day 2011

debratina
31-03-2011, 12:13 PM
well i hope my mindees mums are going to be pleased this year
we have made a card, heart shaped biscuits, a heart shapped clay decoration, decorated a tinket box and inside a thumb print in clay with a poem

hope thats enough

Debra xxx

The Juggler
31-03-2011, 03:56 PM
i was so excited - I got some cellophane wrap yesterday and lilac tissue paper and wrapped the gingerbread hearts up in that with purple ribbon - they looked sooo posh!

wish I'd done them before

JulieA
31-03-2011, 03:59 PM
We made cards - either handbag or cupcake shape. The littlies stuck various foam heart, flower and butterfly foam shapes on to decorate. Then wrapped little pink voitive candles (£1 each from Sainsbury's) with 3 little chocolate hearts in cellophane.

All my mums seemed pleased.

:littleangel:

It's a small world
31-03-2011, 04:40 PM
Im sure mum will be pleased. Sounds like youve been busy. Mindees mum saw one of our gifts as it was homemade hangning plant and had to show her and explain a few things. But we also made paper bracelets and a special card , so has a few surprises on Sunday. xx Heres some photos of our work x

Chimps Childminding
31-03-2011, 05:51 PM
We have made handbag shaped cards, with hearts, butterflys, flowers of and lots and lots of jewels :eek: stuck on them. They we bought mugs and filled them with Roses Chocolates, wrapped in glass paper and tied with curling ribbon, have to admit they did look good!!

Hope mums like them :rolleyes: and more to the point they get the chocolates :eek: one mindee was asking her dad to open them on the way home :panic: Tried to explain they were for mummy but her answer was "its got my name on it" - ok it had on the gift card that said To Mummy, Happy Mother's Day, love xxxx - so I guess she was right :D

venus89
31-03-2011, 06:47 PM
Oh dear. My poor mindees mums have got just cards and bookmarks :panic:

BAD childminder! :blush:

Carol M
31-03-2011, 06:52 PM
We made jeweled tealight holders out of babyfood jars and rosettes .
Carol xx

desiderata
31-03-2011, 07:00 PM
We have all been busy havent we. Mine made homemade wrapping paper in which we have put daffodils, home made boxes in which we have put home made chocolates. and cards to go with it. One dad was more concerned we couldnt find childs tights and not interested in presents at all. Oh well eh its the job isnt it.x

Mouse
31-03-2011, 07:06 PM
Oh dear. My poor mindees mums have got just cards and bookmarks :panic:

BAD childminder! :blush:

lol! I'm just thinking the same. Mine took a picture home each (admittedly, very nice ones!) - a painted flower with their photo in the middle and decorated with sequins. I did laminate them & put a ribbon hanger on, so they looked good :D
My oldest mindee is 2yrs old, the rest 1, so it's limited what we can do :p

SYLVIA
31-03-2011, 07:59 PM
We have all put lots of thought and effort into giving something to the mums. Mine have made baskets from paper plates and filled them with paper flowers in tissue paper. They looked quite nice and the little ones were able to do most of it themselves.