PDA

View Full Version : CRB - can i use existing one

sharonmanc
31-03-2011, 12:11 PM
Hi everyone, just a quick question. I already have an enhanced diclosure withthe school i currently work for, it was done August 2010, would i need to apply for a new one when I register or would it be acceptable to use the one i already have for now, I know ofsted like them to be updated every 3 years, but was wondering if it woudl be acceptable to use the one from my school.

Any info greatly appreciated

Sharon

missymood
31-03-2011, 01:00 PM
Hi
Sorry no it has to be for Childminding.

sharonmanc
31-03-2011, 01:02 PM
Hi
Sorry no it has to be for Childminding.

Thanks, will file it away, as when i finish work i will be doing some tutoring until I am registered and i can use it for this :)

Louise317
31-03-2011, 01:09 PM
I think if your current CRB check was done through Ofsted, then I think you are covered. When you fill in the registration form you can add these details, if Ofsted want another crb then they'll send the forms out again for you.

This is what I understood from my briefing last year... you could call Ofsted and ask

:)

sharonmanc
31-03-2011, 01:17 PM
Thanks Louise, I will give them a call

heidicat
31-03-2011, 03:29 PM
I think they'll want you to get another one. my husband is an assistant headteacher and his enhanced one wasnt good enough. No wonder the wait for them is ages when some people have to have more than 1..!

anthea jane
31-03-2011, 05:42 PM
My one from the school (local council) wasn't accepted but I had one by ofsted to be a childminding assistant and that one was ok.

Anthea

grindal
31-03-2011, 08:16 PM
I had an enhanced crb when I applied as a childminder, as did my husband. Both were from the same school where we both taught. His was accepted - mine had to be redone!