PDA

View Full Version : Oooh good charity shop haul this morning

miss mopple
31-03-2011, 10:18 AM
We popped to a local one for the first time in ages and I'm so glad I did :clapping:

I got a small brass menora that says 'Shalom' on it for 75p (they had 2 so being nice I got my friend the other one :) )
A lovely silver bell for my treasure basket for £1.50
a large bag of blue glass pebbles for £1 (my lot love these in the small world tray :thumbsup: )
and my personal favourite- a box of clear sensory blocks for toddlers with the alphabet printed on and an object inside that relates to the letter sound for £2.50 :clapping: (it was 2 letters missing but there were spare blocks on the shelf that the lady let me have for free so I can stick pics on :thumbsup: )

Am a very happy thrifty shopper now :D

Toothfairy
31-03-2011, 10:30 AM
Wow, what a fab find :thumbsup:

Penny1959
31-03-2011, 11:36 AM
Oh you lucky person. I love charity shops and have good one on my estate - but they are now asking 'silly' prices for things.

Penny :)

sharonmanc
31-03-2011, 12:35 PM
ooh great finds, i love charity shopping, have even converted my 15 year old, she loves all the accessories and jewelry she can get cheap.

loocyloo
31-03-2011, 01:06 PM
thats a good lot of stuff.

our local one is expensive! :(

jane5
31-03-2011, 01:17 PM
That was a good shopping trip.

I got 3 books from the charity shop, 1 on racism and other 2 multicultural. £1.00 each, I dont usually get good bargains so I was a happy bunny:jump for joy:

mama2three
31-03-2011, 01:20 PM
Ive just popped in to my local one and got a huge box of Potato Heads and bits - it wasnt a 'wow' bargain at £5 but mindee will love it. Then went down the street to another one and got a vtech walker for £3 ! I dont go in often enough but was inspired by your thread to have a nosey today!

Bitsy Beans
31-03-2011, 01:52 PM
My CS aren't a bargain BUT I did a table top sale last week end and managed to snag an ELC measuring tape for 50p and a pop up tent for £2.50 to replace the one mindees and my kids destroyed :clapping:
I love car boots and table top sales, they're much cheaper than CS :o
Only problem is I am trying to cut down on clutter and the danger is I buy more than I sell :eek:

miffy
31-03-2011, 05:01 PM
I love charity shops too but some are very expensive now.

I agree with Bitsy, car boots are generally cheaper unless it's traders.

Nothing like a good rummage, especially if you get a bargain at the end of it! :thumbsup:

Miffy xx

flora
31-03-2011, 05:51 PM
Our cs's are fab.

I am off to town on saturday and I won't be able to resist a nose :blush:

muffins
31-03-2011, 05:52 PM
Ours can be expensive but they often have things in that they haven't really looked into the value of! 2 good examples where a bibi stroller for £5 & a cheap plastic highchair for £20 (£15 new in argos)!:laughing:

hello kitty
31-03-2011, 08:12 PM
Don't forget your library when they sell off their books. I picked up 5 this week for £1. Three story books, one on Sikhism and one on Rememberance Sunday. ;)