PDA

View Full Version : Help!!! advice needed regarding an enquiry

swindonminder
31-03-2011, 10:00 AM
Hi there,

I have just had an enquiry for a june start, hours not confirmed yet but may be 1/2 days a week 8-4. The parent has said that her husband has every 5th week off so i wouldnt be needed for that.

How would you charge for this? Would you still charge for the week he wouldnt be working?

Any advice would be much appreciated.

Thank you

Emma

The Juggler
31-03-2011, 10:02 AM
if she needed all 5 days yes I'd charge but as it's only 1 or 2 days I'd be inclined to offer them half fees for those days.:)

swindonminder
31-03-2011, 10:15 AM
How would I explain this to the parent? I want to sound as professional as possible as it is my business but dont want to put her off using me.

Emma

Ripeberry
31-03-2011, 11:27 AM
She needs to pay for the 'week off' to keep her space open. Doubt that you'll find someone else to only have you once every 5 weeks. She needs to know that it's a space she is paying for NOT a session. :thumbsup:

swindonminder
31-03-2011, 11:44 AM
Thank you for that

Emma

swindonminder
08-04-2011, 10:43 PM
Thanks for all the advice.

Emma :)

angeldelight
08-04-2011, 10:50 PM
Good luck Emma

Hope you get the job

Angel xx

Mollymop
08-04-2011, 10:52 PM
She needs to pay for the 'week off' to keep her space open. Doubt that you'll find someone else to only have you once every 5 weeks. She needs to know that it's a space she is paying for NOT a session. :thumbsup:

I agree she needs to pay for the 5th week as you are keeping the space open. You can't just not get paid for every 5th week because she doesn't need it. That would mean you lose out every month on a days pay (almost)
Be confident about it, as other childminders too will charge for the space as well. (tell her that if she questions it!! ) Good luck x