PDA

View Full Version : need tips for my pre reg inspection please

kellie198
31-03-2011, 09:51 AM
Feeling very scared my inspection is tomorrow I have waited so long and now so worried. Please can you give me any tips that will make me look good worried about my house and the planning . Any advice is much needed

missymood
31-03-2011, 09:56 AM
Hi really don't worry
They will look round your house to see if things are safe and if there is something that she thinks needs donig will ask you what you can do about it. Ie no stair gate on stairs. How would you prevent children from falling down the stairs? Put stair gate on or whatever?

Also how can you maintain safety outside in your garden, out for walks, at toddler groups etc

It's really common sense stuff that she asks and she is not there to trip you up only to help you. PLEASE DO NOT WORRY:D

missymood
31-03-2011, 09:57 AM
Also alot of questions about safeguarding chidlren and sign of abuse and who to contact if you suspected somethign and who to contact if you were accused of anything.

Good luck:thumbsup:

Let us know on here how you get on

sarah707
31-03-2011, 05:58 PM
You'll be fine! pre-reg is not a test, it's much more relaxed than an inspection.

Let us know how you get on! :D

Just Joe
31-03-2011, 08:54 PM
Ive got my pre reg visit on Monday, so know how you feel. Im going to re-fresh my memory on everything i learnt on the course and hope this helps me to remember things.

It sounds silly, but I wasnt sure if I should have everything ready like my socket covers in and catches on my doors in the kitchen etc? Do they check that these are in place, even though I know I need them, I have them but they are in place yet as I dont plan on minding for a few months? Ive including them on my risk assesment forms too... so i know they need to be done before I can have some little ones.

Good luck tomorrow... Im sure you'll be fine :)

kellie198
01-04-2011, 09:53 AM
Thank you very much I have put all my things in place very worried still

newbie1512
01-04-2011, 05:00 PM
Hi

I had my pre-reg a couple of weeks ago and honestly,as everybody says on here, it is really nothing to worry about. I panicked like mad, couldnt eat and drove hubby to the point of insanity :laughing:

When mrs o left I actually laughed at myself for being so silly, she was lovely, didnt look at everything I had done and spent a lot of time talking about other things

So seriously dont worry, she is more like a friend coming round for coffee :)