PDA

View Full Version : do i dont i what do you think

mushpea
31-03-2011, 09:31 AM
my son got a kinect for christmas,, we tried putting it in his room but it doesent work as the rooms not big enough so we have moved it downstairs and bought a cheap 2nd xbox for it,,,I told him he could use it evenings when the mindees arent here and at the weekends but thinking about it the mindees have the wii to play on so
do I
A, still say he can only play evenings and weekends

or

B, let him play on it when others are here but if they ask to go on it say no but you can go on the wii,,

does B sound unfair? they would be getting another choice ,, i just dont want them on the kinect as i feel my kids need some things just for them.

Goatgirl
31-03-2011, 09:38 AM
Hi :),
As its in a shared space, I'd have to go with 'A' myself... not fair on the mindees otherwise. Shame it doesn't work in his room: I'd be happy to let my own child go off tp their room to play with 'out of bounds' items. Just not in front of them.

Mouse
31-03-2011, 09:42 AM
I'd say A.

I think its unfair on mindees if you have a toy that they're not allowed to play on, but your son is. I know it's his home, but during minding hours it's also your workplace and different rules apply.

~Chelle~
31-03-2011, 09:59 AM
I would say a, as it would not be very fair.

I have Kinect and my mindees love it, they all play really nicely together on it. The only thing that the mindees are not allowed to play with is the PS3, as both my boys brought this together with their xmas money and I dont want it getting broken.

x

grindal
31-03-2011, 10:14 AM
I think it will depend on how old your mindees are, and how your home is set up. We bought a wii for DS1 and 2 after Christmas. It is in our living room - but I do not use the living room for work. Therefore if they want to play on the wii during minding hours they can.

Having said that my mindees are all under 2 - so a wii would not be particularly appropriate for them.

gigglinggoblin
31-03-2011, 10:17 AM
Is it you that doesnt want them on the kinect or your son? If your son is happy for them to play on it I would allow him to share it. I understand what you mean about having their own things but he then realises that it means limited play. I assume its not something they can break?

If he says no to sharing then I would say A, but my kids would probably choose c - let mindees take turns aswell but he gets to say if and when it is on.

Pipsqueak
31-03-2011, 12:02 PM
If you don't want others playing on it then I would say option a is the fairest.

They have the Wii as a shared item.

barbarella68
31-03-2011, 12:19 PM
I must be the only one who thinks B.:)