PDA

View Full Version : Birthday presents

keeks
31-03-2011, 09:29 AM
If you give your mindees birthday presents, do they open them with you or take them home to open?

My mindee who turned one last week had his to open at home, but my one who is turning 3 today I thought I'd let him open his here.

What do you all do?

xx

mushpea
31-03-2011, 09:33 AM
I give mine to them the day before just as they are leaving so they can take them home and open them on their birthdays

gigglinggoblin
31-03-2011, 10:18 AM
I give them to parents at the end of the day to take home

AliceK
31-03-2011, 10:23 AM
I give them to parents at the end of the day to take home

Same here. I pass them to parents at the end of the last day closest to their birthday to be opened at home.

xxxx

nicoleon
31-03-2011, 10:34 AM
Looks like I'm the only one who lets them unwrap it straight away. I like to see their reaction and the other kids have usually helped me choose it so they are happy to see if bday mindee likes it.

Chimps Childminding
31-03-2011, 10:50 AM
I also send mine home the day before so that they can open it with parents/siblings!!

keeks
31-03-2011, 01:18 PM
Looks like I'm the only one who lets them unwrap it straight away. I like to see their reaction and the other kids have usually helped me choose it so they are happy to see if bday mindee likes it.

I did this today, and he was so excited. My 13 year old who is at home recovering from a nasty cold then read mindee the book we had given him. They were both really pleased.

I took photos of him opening the present and card so parents could see too.

xx