PDA

View Full Version : Help conjunctivitus problem

sweets
30-03-2011, 07:51 PM
One of my mindees cam today with eyes that didnt look 'right' all puffy and slightly weepy (clear like tears) dad said she has had 2 nights of very disturbed sleep so i just put it down to tiredness.

mum picked her up tonight and said her eyes have been a bit weepy over last couple of days. i have just had a text from another mum saying that her LO isnt coming tommorrow because she has conjuntivitus and a bad cold. do you think i should exclude the first child because it is obviously the same thing!

i know i cant tell 1st mum about 2nd mums child because of confidentiality, which seems daft as they know each other

venus89
30-03-2011, 08:02 PM
No, but can't you say 'a child in my care has conjunctivitis' and suggest that they get the child's eyes checked out before she returns to you as it's highly contagious?

onceinabluemoon
30-03-2011, 08:14 PM
Does the little one with water eyes also have red eyes? (like bloodshot/pinky colour)

As far as I am aware all types of conjunctivitis have red eyes, but have differing other symptoms, eg viral has tears, bacterial sticky yellow gunk etc etc If one has tears and the other gunk it's unlikely they have caught it from each other and if the LO with tears doesn't have red eyes it possibly isn't conjunctivitis... Could be hayfever from tree pollen perhaps, or part of a cold?

sweets
30-03-2011, 08:19 PM
one thats not coming has apparantly 'sticky eyes' she has had it before so mum knows what it is. i havnt seen the LO all week so i dont know.

LO that came today has 'puffy eyes' lol with watery discharge and they are a bit red but it only started yesterday so could get worse. they havnt seen each other since last week, not sure what the incubation period is?

ive text mum and asked her to take her to the chemist before she brings her on the morn to find out what it is as ive found out that conjuntivitis is doing the rounds! lol. if i only had the 2 of them i would say they could both come but i have 2 other LO's tommorrow so not fair on them to be exposed to it.