PDA

View Full Version : mindee who does not like change!

candy cat
30-03-2011, 06:59 PM
Hi 18mth old is a very insecure child and took 4 mths to settle ...8 hrs screaming til sick!:panic:(Been here a year) She is hardwork and annoys the other children by her constant screaming etc....She is scared of noisy 'favourite' toys,hoover,washing machine, you name it. Now she is scared of my new lo who is lovely, 10 mths happy sociable....well mindee took 1 look at her this morning and was hysterical and I truly believe she doesn't like the change. I get comments at groups that she is over sensitive as other children only have to look at her, touch her and she is beside herself.Anyone else experienced this?

flora
30-03-2011, 07:49 PM
Goodness, neve come across this in such a severe form:eek:

Hope somebody else has............

Sending hugs as this can't be an easy situation to be in :thumbsup:

venus89
30-03-2011, 07:55 PM
Nor me :panic: Poor child. Poor you. I'm not sure I'd cope very well with this - is she the same with mum?

Allie
30-03-2011, 07:57 PM
Yes that was my little mindee last year so many things set her off and it tool ages to settle her again. Thankfully from 15/16 months old onwards she has got better and better, so much so that until the week before last when she was sent home poorly (poor thing screamed and screamed going down with
with toncilitis) I had forgotten how bad it used to be

Allie

ryanna
30-03-2011, 10:23 PM
Poor you, I really sympathise, I have a lo that used to be similar although not to that extreme. She is much better now but it was an incredibly difficult few months while she was bad.

Is she like it at home? And have her parents spoken to their hv about it? It does sound a little more than just oversensitivity and if it was my own child I think I'd be inclined to seek professional advice. It can't be good for her either, and is surely affecting her development, at the very least socially even if nothing else.

I hope you can get some help soon, you and the other children must be so stressed out! :(

singlewiththree
31-03-2011, 06:18 AM
My youngest was like this, she would only settle in the buggy it was like her comfort zone so where possible outside of the house she sat in it. She also has a special comfort blanket that she takes with her. She has started school and still has "wobbles" as her teacher puts it but she now takes a hanky with her instead to cuddle.

marlee1986
31-03-2011, 08:45 AM
i have an 8month old settling in who is just like this, the first time he came if me or my daughter looked at him hed be screaming. hes gt a little better but if theres any loudish noises it sets him off again.

i asked mum if he was always like this when meeting new people and she said yer as she dnt take him ouit much n its just her, her husband and the baby in the house so cant rly see it being that noisy in the house.

i hope he just gets used to at as im going to be having him 8am - 6pm !!!!!